Jealousy, Jealousy

Song: "Jealousy, Jealousy" by Olivia Rodrigo
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Edward stared at the door of Oswald's office from across the room as Oswald talked with Sofia. Edward couldn't help the burning jealousy in his heart.

Oswald was his. His. And no one else's.

He didn't go through all that pain and suffering just to sit on the side while this woman stole Oswald right out from under his nose.

The jealousy and rage were so overwhelming that as soon as he saw Sofia leaving Oswald's office, he downed the last of his grasshopper and stormed in there, slamming the door behind him.

"What's going on?" Oswald says in confusion, watching as Ed locks the door and closes the blinds.

"I don't want you seeing that woman again, Oswald." Ed says, walking over and leaning over Oswald's desk.

"What has gotten into you--" Oswald says, the realization stopping him in his tracks. "Oh..."

"What?" Ed snaps, irritated.

"You're jealous." Oswald says simply, voice oozing relief and amusement. "You have no reason to be jealous, Ed. I'm gay, you know that."

"Yes, I know that." Ed says quietly. "I just don't want her hurting you. She's a master manipulator, Oswald. She's using you. It would be best for you and your empire if you put that conniving, narcissist wanna-be bitch in her place. Although I would prefer it if you put her in a grave."

"Edward!" Oswald says in shock. "If she bothers you so much, just don't hang around down here while she's here."

"You don't understand, Oswald. She's using you, you're just a tool she's using to stake her claim over Gotham. She wants to be Queen of Gotham, and she'll do whatever it takes to get there, and kill anyone in her way. So I reiterate, I don't want you getting hurt." Ed says sternly, anger burning in his veins. "You need to cut loose from her, Oswald. She's toxic."

"Maybe you're right. She is rather suspicious. But, if it weren't for her, I wouldn't have met Martín." Oswald says warmly.

"He is exceptional, isn't he?" Ed says with a grin.
Yes, he adored that boy. He certainly hoped he and Oswald would someday be able to officially adopt Martín. The thought of them being a family made Edward much less jealous and angry than he was before. "I'm sorry for my outburst. I just hope you'll take my advice and back away from her little game before it's too late."

"Get over here, Eddie." Oswald says, grabbing Ed's tie and pulling him into a kiss.

Why was I getting so jealous?... Ed thought as he pushed the papers off of Oswald's desk...

_______________________

A/N: Wow. I really love jealous Ed. Also, it's like every ship has some manipulative bitch on the side trying to tear everything apart, like Nygmobblepot had Isabella, Sofia, and Lee, Cherik had Raven (sort of), and Lokius has that bitch Sylvie who I honestly would really like if it weren't for that vomit-inducing selfcest kiss in the s1 finale 🤮 #GetRektSylkiFalcobblepotNygmakinsErikxRavenCharlesxMoiraShippersYouAreBrainDeadCisHetTrashCansOfUselessness #LokiusNygmobblepotCherikForever