Nightmares

*Just a short chapter because I randomly got super motivated to update this, like WuT?*

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Oswald woke with a gasp, clutching at the blankets. That was the worst one yet. Oh, god, how he wishes he could erase the images seared into his brain.

How could he have been so stupid? How could he have let the love of his life slip through his fingers?

He looked up at the bulletin board, covered in pictures and news articles of her. Sofia Falcone, the woman responsible for his misery. She had thrown Edward through the window of Gotham cathedral right in front of him. She pushed Oswald to the brink of madness. And then, she took his empire and dumped him onto the street, after a good beating from her henchmen.

Now, Oswald was planning his perfect revenge. To slowly take out her lower players, and work his way up to her, leaving a gruesome trail of mutilated corpses behind him.

But, just so you know, Edward wasn't dead. No, he was in a coma. His room was right down the hall from Oswald, where he was hooked up to all sorts of machines, more lifeless than someone who was already dead.

Tiredly, Oswald got up and walked into the room, taking his usual seat beside Edward's bed.

"I wish you were awake right now. I don't know if I can do this without you. You're the most important person in my life, Edward, I-- I love you." Oswald whispers softly, sobbing into Edward's shoulder.

Suddenly, he felt familiar fingers ruffle his hair. He sat up with a jolt, but immediately embraced Edward once more upon realizing he was awake.

"Miss me?" Ed whispers playfully, intertwining the fingers of the other hand with Oswald's.

"More than you'll ever know." Oswald sobbed.

"I love you so much, Oswald."

"I love you more."

"I love you most."

"*"