24| We did it!

KAILANI

We were all back stage, me with crutches and we watched Sweeden's performance.

Sweeden's dance was really good. They had like ice props, and their costumes were stunning, and they were on point.

It had a clear storyline and their dancers were strong too. They had many things going on, but it looked clean.

They were our strongest competitors, and even worse, they still had a 5 point advantage they  poor use.

The dance was over, and everyone cheered.

One of the hosts came on stage, bringing a podium with the trophy.

They team walked on stage, me staying behind since I was injured.

We all waiting anxiously, and I saw Noah glance over at me terrified.

"The judges have tabulated their scores, and here are the results.."

"The next step has scored a total of 97 points..and stokholm dance center has scored 92 points, but with the addition of 5 bonus points..it's a tie!"

"are you serious." I muttered shaking my head. The team look around, and the crowd murmured.

"What's even the tie breaker?" I asked Ms. Kate and she shrugged.

Then we were told by the lady that we need a duet, and we were lucky that we already had one chosen, with the two people with the best chemistry.. James and Riley.

"It's all up to you guys." Eldon said as we all talked back stage.

"Are you ready?" Ms. Kate asked. "Yeah." James said looking at Riley.

"Yeah."

-

After 10 minutes, everyone was ready to performe again for the tie breaker.

Sweeden was going first, and they also had a boy girl duet.

Noah and I stood next to each other as we watched.

"It's so emotional." Noah whispered. "I know..I'm worried." I said back.

"It's Riley and James though, we'll be okay." I said, and we continued to watch.

The dance felt like it flew by, all of a sudden Sweeden was waving to the crowd and was getting a standing ovation.

Riley and James stood in front of us, hands interlocked ready to take the stage.

"Ri, you got this. You're gonna do great." I whispered to her and she smiled at me, but I could see the worry in her eyes.

They got in their starting poses and then the dance began.

Their dance was about a magnetic force they had, and they always get pulled back together no matter how far they go or try to fight it.

The sonf didn't even have any words, but their dance just gave it words.

Their emotion was unmatched, you can tell they were so in love and emotional about this being the last dance and of course..just the team being at internationals.

They did many lifts, and throughout the entire the dance the crowd cheered.

They ended with a hug, and not a stage one, a genuine hug.

Riley and James both hesitated to pull away, but eventually had to as they bowed to the crowd.

After what felt like forever, the judges got their scores and the host came back up with the trophy.

The other duo came on stage, standing on the opposite side.

"Ladies and Gentleman, the winners of this year's Absolute Dance Internationals Competition is...."

"The Next Step Dance studio!"

We all yelled out loudly, and so did the crowd.  We hugged each other, screaming and cheering.

The lady handed the trophy to James, and then Riley leaned in to kiss James.

The studio all ran out to the stage, and I stayed behind not being able to even walk.

James saw me, and then gave the trophy to Ms. Kate on stage and came over.

"You're celebrating too." He said picking me up and taking me to the stage.

"We won, we did it!" Giselle yelled and we all continued to cheer.

"We're like the champions of the world!" I yelled out as James carried me.

Suddenly I felt tears falling down my face as I saw everyone happy and I was extremely happy too.

We won Internationals.

End of Season 3