Chapter 18

Sitting in the kitchen my foot tapped on the floor. I had woken up and gotten dressed without saying a word to Andrew. I was in a long sleeve shirt, it was tight on my arms but loose and covered up to the base of my neck. I had on a pair of blue jeans and regular sneakers. My hair was wavy from the way I slept and fell down the side of my face as I looked at a stack of pancakes Andrew placed in front of me, "Eat." He said and sat beside me. I was anxious, I knew he could sense how nervous I was as he grabbed my hand. I looked over to him as he offered a smile. Andrew had just gotten out of bed and came to cook. He still had on a pair of pajama pants and a sleeveless shirt. His hair was tousled around.

When I woke up I saw that Andrew had stayed on his side of the pillow wall, but his arm had sneaked under the pillows and wrapped under my waist. I woke up to his hand as my pillow and my body being almost covered in pillows as it tried to get through to him. Shaking my head clear of the thoughts I looked down and pulled my hand out of his as I started to cut the pancakes, "When will he be here? And who will all be here?" I asked Andrew. Andrew's response was only a yawn as he took a sip of his coffee.

"In an hour I suppose. And as I said last night he's coming as a friend. So just him." Andrew said and looked at me, "Calm down little mate, I'll keep you safe." Andrew said and smirked towards me.

"If he wants me dead, why does he care about this?" I asked him.

"It's complicated." Andrew said and watched as I took a bite of my pancakes, "Amory had a role to keep up. A human knowing about werewolves can be extremely dangerous. If he let you off easily the wolves could have turned on him."

"So he threatened my life and taunted me to keep up with appearances?" I asked Andrew and raised an eyebrow.

"Yes." Andrew said and took another sip of his coffee, "I'm glad he didn't kill you."

"Would he, even though he knew I was your mate?" I asked him.

"No." Andrew said and took in a deep breath, "No, Amory and I have been friends since I've entered his family, we could be considered brothers. He's told me his secrets and I've shared mine."

"What if he had killed me?" I asked Andrew.

"I wouldn't forgive him." Andrew said and looked towards me, "To lose my mate after finding her, it would have been the thing that killed me."

We sat in silence after that. I ate my pancakes as he drank his coffee. Freezing rain smacked against the window as I looked out to the muggy cloudy sky. Not a ray of sun in sight. Once I finished my pancakes I walked out of the kitchen and stood in the living room. Shaking my body loose, I looked at the stairs that led up to our room. Andrew walked up behind me and looked down at my face, "What are you looking at?" He asked. I softly smiled and looked up at his curious eyes.

"Just looking at the stairs." I replied and shrugged my shoulders, "I've been trying to keep my mind empty at the moment."

"Why is that?" Andrew asked.

"So I don't get too nervous." I whispered.

Andrew softly groaned as I listened to the cup rest on the small coffee table. He walked up behind me and placed his arms around my body. He held me to his chest as he rested his chin on my head, "You have nothing to be nervous about." Andrew said. Closing my eyes I soaked in his warmth as my head leaned back to rest on his chest. This was the closest I've ever gotten to him, the most he had held of me. My heart started to skip beats as I shuffled softly under his weight. Something about this position felt so intimate and I couldn't get enough of it as his hands rested on my hips, "Are you nervous now?" Andrew asked in my ear. Goosebumps filled my arms as I looked over to his right brown eye.