Chapter 7

Slowly I looked up to Andrew as growls filled the room around us. My heart raced now as I looked at the hate that was shining in King Amory's eyes. His wolf forced himself out as his canines pushed out of his lips. His eyebrows were pushed together and his face looked flush as he shook his head quickly, "That is impossible." He said, "Your chosen is promised to be a royal. This is nothing but a weak human!" King Amory said as he started to walk towards me.

"She is my daughter." Sheila said and looked at King Amory, "That makes her a royal."

"She isn't a werewolf. And she is not blood." King Amory replied in an irritated tone.

"Do you question the Moon Goddess's decision?" Alpha Ralph asked loudly.

"She is not a royal!" King Amory said.

King Amory glared at Ralph as everyone softly whispered. I was trying to understand what had just happened. My head was still spinning from the beating I just endured, and now the man that was about to kill me was admitting that I'm his mate? Is this because I helped him up? What was the angle, the purpose of announcing that I was his mate? Sheila didn't meet my eye, so I couldn't tell if this was her plan or not. But, I did know one thing King Amory had the look to kill. And his stare fell on me when I stepped away from Andrew. My body ached and my knees were willing to give out at any moment.

Amory must have seen the pain in my face. Because once I stood up again, his nostrils flared and he turned towards the man, "Andrew, you are my personal guard. You know the rules." He said and then turned to glare at me. I stared down at the floor as I felt my body shake.

"I know the rules." Andrew said in a soft tone.

"Will you kill her?" King Amory asked, I looked up to the men who spoke feet away from me, "Will you kill her for your King, Andrew?"

Andrew breathed heavily as he looked between King Amory and then to me. His body turned towards me but twisted towards him as he clenched his fists and quickly unclenched them. After a moment he closed his eyes and let his head bow to the man in front of me, "I will not interfere in your decision. I only ask of you King Amory, not to order me to kill my mate. I'm sorry I show this weakness and I will take your punishment." Andrew said and placed a closed fist over his heart as he bowed his body towards the King.

King Amory looked at Andrew shocked and then glared at me. His body shook in anger as he turned back to Andrew, "Lift your head." King Amory said, Andrew quickly obeyed his words, "If what you say is true, then as the Alpha King and as your friend I will allow your mate to live until the next clear full moon. On the next full moon she will shift if she is ready or not." He said and then took a step back, "In that time you will be taken off of my team immediately. And you will teach your 'mate' about us." He said in a sour tone, "And if your so-called mate dies during that full moon, you will die as well." He threatened.

"Of course your majesty." Andrew said with confidence as he looked towards Amory's brown eyes. Quickly those brown eyes found me, Amory walked more like a cat than a wolf.

"You're a very lucky little human." He said as he touched my swelling cheek. Andrew clenched his fist as his eyes found mine. Amory pulled his hand back and examined the brightness of my blood on his long fingers. He looked disgusted as he continued to speak, "Next time we meet, you might not be so lucky." He said. He turned away and walked to Sheila. He stopped in front of her and softly smiled, "And as for you big sister. I will also see you on the next full moon. And if the girl dies, you will follow her as well." Sheila didn't say anything as she watched King Amory walk back to his seat and sit down. And with one nod of his head, the party was resumed.

My head was spinning as I listened to people talk around us, the silent hall was now booming with voices and music as King Amory smirked towards me until couples started to dance over my fallen blood on the floor. So many thoughts filled my mind as I tried to process everything that had just happened. Taking in a deep breath I tried to concentrate on what my next move should be. Should I go to Sheila? Should I try to act as if nothing had happened, and hide in the shadows, something I was used to?