Chapter 10

It wasn't long until my body started to feel heavy and I wanted to fall over. My eyes slowly started to drop as I yawned and looked down at my hand. I had five flowers, one was the large deep purple that I had first plucked, two white which weren't as large, and then 2 pink flowers which were extremely smaller than the other two.

I tried to hold in my next yawn but couldn't find the strength as my body slowly slacked. I turned around and walked up the hill, Andrew looked amused as I stumbled past him, "Do you need help?" He asked. Shaking my head I walked back to the passenger seat and got into the now warm car. I placed the flowers in a box behind my seat and buckled my seat belt as Andrew started the engine. He looked towards me and then twisted his body to grab a blanket. He handed it to me, "You should get some rest, we have a long journey. We should be off of this mountain in the next five minutes. Tucking the blanket under the seat belt might help with the pain." He offered. I looked at him and slowly did as he said.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked as he started to resume the drive down the hill. Andrew quickly looked over to me and nodded.

"Of course you can ask me anything." He said, the words sounded strange by how fast he spoke.

"How were you going to kill me?" I asked him softly, Andrew swallowed and then sighed.

"When I pulled you to your feet, I was going to snap your neck. But before I could, King Amory growled." Andrew said and tightened his hands on the steering wheel, "I needed strength so I let my wolf come out, just a little bit. And then you spoke." He said and slowly looked over to me, "And instantly I knew who you were then my wolf confirmed it."

"How did you know?" I raised an eyebrow as he chuckled.

"I have what humans call heterochromia. Werewolves call it a deformity, a mutation, a disease. A sign that I'm weak and would make for a horrible mate. My mother disowned me at birth and my father turned me away. If I was a real wolf, I would have been killed for these eyes." He said and pointed to his eyes, "You called them beautiful." My face instantly heated up as he looked over to me, "Growing up female wolves never bothered to look twice at me, until I became a royal guard. Then, they tried to mate with me, but my wolf refused them all. He reassured me we would have a mate that would accept us the way we were."

"Then sadly you got paired up with me." I said and laughed nervously. What the fu-

"I don't see this as a bad thing." Andrew said and shrugged his shoulders, "Unexpected yes. But, royal guards don't look for their mates and some never have them. We make our human form strong and keep our wolves at bay. Our wolves pledge to be this way. In return the King bestows a gift to his loyal guards. That the guards then be mated to a royal, it could be his siblings or his children. No one knows how the King has such power, but most of the royals are mated to their guards. For years it's been this way, until recently. Luna Sheila was mated with an Alpha, not a guard. And for that reason she is seen as a bastard child from the late Luna Queen. Her older brother as well. Her younger brother, King Amory has yet to find his mate. But, me being mated with you confirms that things are about to change."

"They are descendants from the only human turned wolf." I whispered and leaned against the window. How was I supposed to survive this, and if I did would they expect me to help the guards mate with a royal?

"Very, very late descendants." Andrew said, "The turned human was feared and loved with werewolves. He was the strongest and the kindest man. He wasn't given the title King for no reason, his mate stood by his side as a human and as a wolf. The same way, I plan to stay beside you." I leaned my head back and smirked as I looked at him.

"Are you hoping to become King?" I asked in a taunting tone and smiled. Andrew only smiled as he pulled the SUV on the paved road.

"Of course not. Being King is too much." He said and chuckled, "When you find your mate, I learned you don't want to be anywhere near people. You don't want anyone to see them, you just want them in a room far away and safe from everyone." Andrew only looked ahead as my face slowly relaxed and my smile fell. I nodded and looked out of the window.