Chapter 14

My body felt as if it was floating on clouds as I listened to a low animal cry out into the sky. Slowly I opened my eyes to find them looking at me from the trees. My body was pressed up against Andrew's chest, and instantly I realized he was carrying me. The sound of the waterfall was long gone, and I could feel the shift in the weather as my body clung closer to Andrew, "Are you finally up?" He asked after a moment. Closing my eyes, I wanted to ignore him. But my pride was way too big to allow this man to carry me anymore, no matter how much I enjoyed the closeness. Slowly I looked up to him and nodded.

"You can put me down." I said. Andrew's body tensed for a moment, but slowly he leaned down. And as my feet touched the cold ground I instantly regretted my decision, I stretched my arms out as I started to walk, "Why didn't you wake me up?" I asked him.

"Well, at first you looked so peaceful. I know you haven't been sleeping well. Then I tried to wake you when I realized it was getting late. But, you refused." He said and chuckled.

"Oh." I said and scratched my head, instantly trying to push my hair down, "I'm sorry, I must have been really tired."

"You were." Andrew said as he pulled out the SUV's keys, "We are already back at the car."

"You carried me that whole way?" I asked him, shocked.

"No problem for me." He said.

Andrew walked towards the passenger side and opened the door for me. I climbed into the cold vehicle and leaned my head against the seat. It would be a lie if I said I wasn't tired. I watched as Andrew opened the door and climbed into the vehicle, but as he turned the engine on I found my eyes falling asleep once more. The last thing I heard was his deep chuckle.

"Is it her?" A strange voice asked, as I tried to find warmth in what I believed to be my bed. What was going on? Who was that? What happened to the car? My mind rushed with questions as I held my eyes closed.

"It's hard to say." A man's voice replied. Then after a moment I could hear a sigh and a woman muffled a cry, "It's not her." The man said out loud.

"Are you sure Ben?" Another's man asked.

"Of course I am. She doesn't have the scent." The man replied slightly annoyed.

"Then why is she here?" The woman asked.

"I'm not sure, but she won't be for long." The man named Ben said in anger.

After a moment there was silence. Taking in a deep breath I pulled the blankets closer to me. I was correct. I was in the bed I've been sleeping on. I slightly opened my eyes. Only then, I could see the figures that have been the cause of my nightmares. A couple was by my head, and a man by my feet. Right beside my bed, so close. Inches away from my body and slowly he turned. My blood ran cold as I looked at the thick age lines on his face, his black eyes and his chapped pale lips. He had thin facial hair and long nails as he looked at my body. Fear raced through my body as I let out the loudest scream I could master.

The scream instantly made the intruders aware that I was awake. Fear froze me in the bed as I pulled the blankets closer to my body as my heart raced in my chest. But, before they could do or say anything the door busted open and Andrew rushed into the middle of the room, "What's wrong? Are you okay?" Andrew asked as he flicked the lights on. Only once I heard him, did I lift up and look into my empty room. No one was in my room, the man that was so close to me was gone.

Warm tears were now falling down my face as I sat up in the bed. I held onto my blanket as my hands shook violently. "Someone was here." I cried and looked up to Andrew, "They said that I won't be here for long." I said after taking a few deep breaths.