Chapter 12

That first night was the first of many. Haunting nightmares filled my nights and training filled my days. Andrew allowed me the second day to set up my things in my room. And we started our training on the third day. It was difficult to keep up the first day from the lack of sleep. The nightmares didn't stop and every night there was a new nightmare. Andrew must have sensed I wasn't getting much sleep. He would go shopping in the morning, the only time I could sleep, and would have breakfast ready before I woke up. And while I ate he got ready for the day. He didn't speak and when he did come back, if he did it was to talk about training and training only.

He would tell me that it wouldn't be easy, and he wasn't wrong. The third day he ignored me, I didn't mind that much. But, then again something in the back of my head was screaming for him to talk to me. I wanted him to talk to me, I never thought I would admit that. But, without Sheila I finally understood how lonely it would be without her.

I couldn't find anything to occupy my mind, and by the end of the day I found a nasty attitude growing on me. For Andrew it looked as if everything was a breeze, he ignored my attempts to start a conversation with ease. He acted as if I wasn't even beside him, even if it was a simple action as saying thank you. I was a ghost in this house. And instantly I realized that I didn't like this training.

The fourth day he would give me his attitude, and it slowly progressed to yelling at me. Every little action I did, I got yelled at. During the day he would watch my every movement and criticize every little thing I did. I wanted to be thankful he was speaking, but I also wanted to smack him.

By the end I was ready to burst into tears when he yelled at me for spilling water, I reminded myself constantly that this was for training. This was for my own good, but I didn't like it. And it slowly got me more mad at him, it was as if I was a burden to him that day. We hadn't spoken much that day, unless it was arguing.

The fifth day, he showed his mood swings. The majority of the day he would ask me to do one thing, and instantly told me it was wrong or that it wasn't what he wanted. Such as asking for a glass of water, then saying he wanted grape juice. The indecisive prick made my day a living hell as I tried to remain calm. I was failing at this training, I couldn't ignore him. Even after he had hurt me. It was hard to deny but, I found that I was insanely attracted to Andrew.

His right brown eye still looked as if it was changing to dark blue the more time we spent together. And even though he was being an ass, I still wanted to be beside him. At the same time I wanted to pull my hair out. I wanted to talk to him, I wanted to know about his life. Werewolves, anything, I wanted a real conversation with him. But, during our training days I realized he wouldn't talk to me, or he wasn't taking me seriously. So when I woke up on the sixth day I wondered what was in the schedule for me that day. What would I be met with, I wanted to stay in bed. But, I knew that wasn't the way to do this.

So with deep breath and a clear head space I started to get up from my bed. The only hours I could sleep were the early morning hours. The dreams tormented me to the point where I wasn't really functionable first thing in the morning. In the past week the dreams have been a mixture of the woman in the moon, and my past. But, there was a looming shadow as well, something that wasn't showing itself but was watching me. I was always afraid to open my eyes, I always thought I would open them to find a shadow in front of me.

But I reminded myself that I had a royal guard with me who would come and save me. No matter who he was today, I was thankful he was here with me. So slowly I walked towards the dresser and pulled out a pair of pants and a long sleeve shirt. Pulling my hair in a bun I walked out of my room and placed my sleep clothes in my hamper. I walked down the stairs and was welcomed by the smell of eggs.