Seven

Another You

Chapter Seven: Rowan and His Two Left Feet

"The sun came up and I was looking at you." 

-Out Of The Woods (Taylor's Version), Taylor Swift

It was turning out to be quite the scene in the Salvatore household

It was turning out to be quite the scene in the Salvatore household. Dresses were scattered all around the foyer. Damon sighed as he walked down the stairs to see what all the fuss was about. Almost immediately he was hit in the face with a dress. Stefan was hemming a dress for Bonnie while Elena was helping Caroline pick the right color dress. Rowan was scrambling around trying to pick up all of the dresses, he had no idea where Caroline even got all of them. A new dress was suddenly placed on top of the pile that was growing in Rowan's arms, looking up to see Damon made Rowan's heart drop out through his ass.

"You dropped this." Damon's smirk felt just as empty as his eyes.

Everything stopped reached a standstill. Sometimes all it takes is one pretty dude in a room of people who like dudes to make everything stop on a dime for a moment. Stefan paid his brother no mind and continued on with sewing. Damon's existence continued to stress Rowan out, Elena who looks exactly like Katherine was just right there in front of him.

"Sorry." Caroline's voice cut clearly through the tension. "Moon, come here and help us please."

Rowan went where he was beckoned, but not before sending Damon a genuine smile that still had a touch of guilt. The vampire just sighed and waltzed into the kitchen. Things picked right back after that, Caroline settling on a powder blue dress with a cardigan while Elena and Bonnie both decided to wear dresses with floral patterns.

The three of them were now twirling around the room like a snow globe, around and around. Makeup and hair was always more fun to do with friends, it was nice to see them all happy for this event. Rowan remembered how miserable they all were, how miserable they all were all of the time. Sure the drama had been an entertaining watch but it would have been horrible if that ended being the reality that Rowan had to watch first hand. A hand met his and he knew exactly what to do with it, Rowan held Stefan's hand as they watched the girls get ready.

"What are you going to wear, Rowan?" Elena asked in the midst of it all.

"You don't even own a suit." Bonnie sat up straight with wide eyes at the realization.

"I don't even own a suit." Rowan sighed as he sunk into the couch.

Stefan shook his head with a smile as he peeled Rowan off the coach and up into a standing position. "I have plenty, come on." Rowan pointed at the stairs, Stefan nodded to confirm that everything was upstairs.

"Race you!" Rowan yelled as he took off for the stairs, knowing that Stefan wouldn't vamp speed in front of the girls.

He somehow still lost, his chest heaved for a moment while he ignored Stefan's laugh.