Five

Another You

Chapter Five: Rowan and His Strange Entourage 

"Easy for you to say, harder for me to take. This nostalgia in my bones, why can I forget it?" 

-Easy For You To Say, 5 Seconds of Summer

It was truly Rowan and his beat up purple notebook covered in stickers against the world

It was truly Rowan and his beat up purple notebook covered in stickers against the world. He was so engrossed in plotting out the possible outcomes of taking care of the tomb vampires now. Damon was consistently hard to predict, would he retaliate in some way or would he simply exist now that his main motivation wasn't in play?

"Pearl Harbor." Mr. Tanner said his eyes spanning the classroom, looking for anybody who was remotely paying attention.

Rowan continued to mutter under his breath and scribble in his notebook. Stefan didn't even bother to try and hide his smile.

"Mr. Bennett?" Mr. Tanner decided to pick on his one student that got him in trouble for picking on another student.

"December 7, 1941. Can you try and pick on me later? I'm busy." Rowan's response dropped from his mouth as his eyes never lifted from his notebook.

"Thank you, Mr. Bennett." Everybody could feel the tension in the room building. But Rowan just decided to actively ignore it. Mr. Tanner's bitterness wasn't worth his time or energy. One pleading glance to Stefan and the blonde agreed to answer the next question. "Continue on, Mr. Bennett. The fall of the Berlin wall?"

"1989. I'm good with dates as well, sir." Stefan spoke with a sarcastic smile on his face.

"Are you, Mr. Bennett?" The eye roll from Mr. Tanner was so obvious it didn't seem like he tried to hide it. "How good? Keep it to the year. Civil Rights Act."

"1964." Dates of historical events are easy to keep track of when you were there when they were the present.

"John F. Kennedy assassination." Stefan continued to watch Rowan scribble in his notebook. Just answered Mr. Tanner's questions without looking at him.

"Mr. Tanner just skip to the Korean War and put us out of our misery." Rowan tsked as he flipped through his notebook.

"1950 to 1953." Stefan shrugged, getting used to Rowan just spouting off things that were supposed to happen.

"Ha! It ended in '52." Rowan rolled his eyes as Mr. Tanner scrambled around asking for someone to look the answer up.

"It was 1953." A voice piped up, from the back of the classroom. Bonnie shook her phone at their teacher, he took the phone from her and sighed when he saw the search result.

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

Stefan snorted when he saw Rowan's eye twitch, before laughing softly under his breath when Rowan groaned and shoved his journal into his bag. Stefan's enhanced hearing helped him hear what Rowan was muttering under his breath. The dark haired boy was grumbling about how annoying Damon was to predict.