Three

Another You

Chapter Three: Rowan Sticks His Neck Out For Vicki

"I've swallowed your bullshit, no respect. You make me fucking sick."

-Reincarnate, Motionless In White 

There was really only one person who never made Jeremy feel like he was just a kid

There was really only one person who never made Jeremy feel like he was just a kid. He admired Rowan a lot and Rowan showing Jeremy the respect he deserved back was the cherry on top. Rowan was also the only person who didn't try and talk him out of hanging out with Vicki, the words that Jeremy needed to hear always came out of Rowan's mouth.

Rowan had struggled to accept his current reality, but every day he woke up in the same place. That had helped begin to understand that he was stuck here, but what truly made him realize this was real was when he laid there bleeding from Damon ripping into his neck. That pain, the blood that covered his neck, Jeremy's yelling, Elena's gasp, Stefan's eyes. He was fine, truly. Stefan stood back and let them pack Rowan up into the ambulance before helping Bonnie up in the ambulance as well. He met them later at the hospital and fed Rowan some of his blood to heal up his neck before going home and chewing out Damon.

Rowan thought that having Damon all over his neck would have been more enjoyable, he was wrong. He felt stupid, but hopefully he could keep Vicki alive. Rowan wanted to keep all of them alive so they had the chance to be happy. Some of them needed somebody to just believe in them and Rowan had no issue being that person. But would he even be of any help? Bonnie's hand was wrapped around his as she laid her head on his hospital bed sleeping. He had to tell her, it was then, that moment that made Rowan realize that he couldn't lose his sister.

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

Going back to school wasn't thrilling but it did give Rowan an excuse to see everyone again, so for once he wouldn't complain. I mean he was halfway through high school the first time and he ended up still having to finish it. He made it approximately five minutes before Caroline nearly tackled him onto the ground. He would have fallen over if it wasn't for Stefan's hands on his arms.

"Sorry!" Caroline apologized as she bounced up and down in her spot to try and contain her energy. "I should have been more careful."

"It's okay! Don't worry about it Star, I'm just as excited to see you." Rowan laughed as he brought her in for another hug. Caroline beamed at the familiar nickname.

"I'll see you later okay?" Caroline squeezed Rowan's hand as she hurried down the hall to her class.

"Thanks Stefan." Rowan was appreciative of Stefan's grip on his arms. "Kissing the floor would not have been a great start to my day. Seeing you and Caroline was great though."

"What, no nickname for me?" Stefan teased as Rowan opened up his locker to grab his history textbook.

"I'll work on it, Stef." Rowan smiled. Stefan returned it and his smile reached his eyes for the first time in a long time.