Two

Another You

Chapter Two: Rowan Really Wishes He Had Found Another Way To Pass The Time

"There's nothing in my system so I'm feeling what I feel for you." 

-Not Warriors, Waterparks

Journaling had always been helpful for Rowan

Journaling had always been helpful for Rowan. It gave him a safe space to share his innermost thoughts and it also helped him visualize the timeline of the show. Right now he was frantically scribbling down everything that was supposed to happen at the party. That's when it dawned on him, Vicki was supposed to be bitten at the party. How was he supposed to prevent that?

"The Battle of Willow Creek took place right at the end of the war in our very own Mystic Falls. How many casualties resulted in this battle? Ms. Bennett?" Mr. Tanner had to choose between the Bennett siblings, neither one was paying attention.

"Um...a lot? I'm not sure. Like a whole lot." Bonnie answered, leaning into the dumb girl stereotype.

"Cute becomes dumb in an instant, Ms. Bennett. Mr. Donovan? Would you like to take this opportunity to overcome your embedded jock stereotype?" Mr. Tanner continued on, blessing everyone with his negativity for the afternoon.

" It's okay, Mr. Tanner, I'm cool with it." Matt brushed off, glancing over at Bonnie to make sure she was okay. Rowan had given his left hand for Bonnie to hold while he continued scribbling in his notebook.

"Hmm. Elena? Surely you can enlighten us about one of the town's most significantly historical events?" Mr. Tanner was about to cross a line and Rowan knew it, but couldn't remember the correct answer to help her out.

"I'm sorry, I--I don't know." Elena stuttered out, she wanted so desperately to be okay again. To be back at her former glory but it felt like the world was against her.

"I was willing to be lenient last year for obvious reasons, Elena. But the personal excuses ended with summer break." Rowan might now have been able to remember the correct answer but he did think to record Mr. Tanner's words on his phone to show the principal later. If the video didn't do anything, then maybe Rowan could ask Stefan for help.

"I'm not sure why you are the authority of grief, Mr. Tanner." Rowan spoke up. "My sister is also extremely capable, have you ever thought nobody wants to participate because you aren't a good teacher? Plus I have the sinking suspicion that you don't know the right answer either."

"I'm not sure I understand what you're insinuating, Mr. Bennett." Mr. Tanner spoke through gritted teeth. "Do explain your answer."

Rowan was entirely thankful to Stefan Salvatore in this moment, a paper appeared on his desk so fast it took him a second to realize it was there. The paper told him the amount of casualties with a note that read, 'Let me handle the rest. -Stefan'