◍𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙚 𝙆𝙞𝙨𝙨◍

Immediately after the jump Inessa felt the wind rush onto her face, her white kimono swirling around in the air.

Her eyes could nearly keep open and the only thing left on her mind was Why do I keep listening to this idiot.

There was no way that the two would survive a fall from this height.

Just the thought of it had her tightening her grip on the two red horns she was using as support.

"Do you see that?" Itto gasped.

"See what?" the only thing she could see was the vast amount of trees below her and the shoreline a couple miles ahead.

"Oh crap, Kujo Sara's here" he said as a frightened look overtook his expression.

"Kujo Sara, you mean the famed warrior of Inazuma?" She gasped.

From her time in the fatui she had learned of many strong people to avoid in teyvat and she was one of them. 

"We need to get out of the air!" Inessa began loosening her grip on Itto as her mind started racing.

There was no way to redirect themselves using natural means so they were currently screwed. The only idea that came to mind was... Ushi!

"Use Ushi, you can propel him the opposite direction and let the force propel us backwards towards the side of the cliff" Inessa said with a large grin on her face.

She could never think in the heat of the moment so it was a huge surprise that she came up with something while falling to her death, the only problem was... He couldn't hear her.

"What? Did you say Ushi, we're gonna die and your thinking about my cow?" He yelled but was muffled by the air.

"I can't hear you speak up!" She yelled back but of course the two couldn't hear each other.

So she took initiative and moved her arms from his horns to the crook of his neck, placing her mouth a few centimeters away from his ear.

"Use your skill dumbass"

Startled by the feeling of her hot breath at the back of his ear he brought his hand up with a faint yellow glow and frantically used his skill.

Pointing his arm in a random direction and unleashing the small bull. The knock back propelled them backwards and towards the shoreline.

"You did it" she yelled into his ear causing him to wince.

Even though they were going in a totally different direction she was still buzzing with excitement.

"I'm so happy, I could kiss you right now" she yelled.

"The shore is up ahead soon we'll be able to go back to the other island" she paused as the statement left her mouth, then panic came over her.

"Wait, how will we get across the ocean, Itto are you hearing me right now"

The two had been in the air for quite a long time and as time went by Itto still was radio silent, his face was out of view so she had no clue what his expression was.

Then he moved, raising his hand to summon his weapon and wrapping the other around her waist tightly.

"What are you gonna do with the club, your not gonna use that to surf across the water are" she knew exactly what he was about to do so instead she relaxed into his hold and let him take over.

°°°° Inessa POV

Thankfully we didn't crash into the water, Itto is actually a good surfer but the entire time he was completely silent.

I caught a glimpse of his face half way through the ocean and it was beet red, he refused to make eye contact with me the entire time and even thought we were incredibly close everytime I move my hands he'd flinch.

When we reached the shore he still held me close, as if he forgot I had two legs but I didn't mind instead I acted upon what I said earlier.

I grabbed his face and turned it towards my own, I leaned in slowly. Giving him enough time to understand what I was going to do.

When I saw no sign of rejection I leaned in towards his cheek and planted a soft kiss. It wasn't a long kiss but it was long enough to show my gratitude.

He may have not done much but he was the reason we got away from the guards and Kujo Sara and also the reason we didn't drown upon landing.

I quickly pulled away from his cheek, my confidence slowly dissipating.

"You can put me down now" I whispered.

There was a long silence before he finally spoke.

"Nah, I like you like this" he said, his signature grin reappearing on his face.

"The closer the better"

°°°°°

Extra:
"Do you even know where we're going?"  Nessa asked.

"That's why I have you here!"

"But you literally live In Inazuma"

"So?"