Chapter 7

"Ok, enough talking. Let's get to the battles, hm?" Y/N raised their eyebrows. "Battles?-"

"Yes, you heard me right, battles. Gem grab, showdown, etc. Many brawlers are playing right now, they'll play tomorrow and it goes on and on! Except, of course, something happened. Now that you saw your own bowling alley, it's time for you to battle. Let's go outside to see how brawlers are battling right now, okay?"

"Oh, uh, okay.."

Both brawlers exit the building, walking to the battle modes section while talking. "So, what is it about? What do you get when you win a battle?" Y/N asked.

"You get trophies, and if you lose the battle, you lose trophies. It's as simple as that, but you can't win or lose trophies in special events, so don't worry.", "Oh.. And what are trophies for?"

"Since you're a new brawler, when you have some trophies you can't lose any yet 'cause you're still new, but you will lose when you get a specific amount of trophies." Shelly explained. "As for what are they for, there's this thing called the trophy road, if you for example get 1000 trophies, you'll get a reward, like coins, if you get to 1200 trophies, another reward, like coins, or strength points, hell, maybe even gems."

(A/N: I know you don't really get gems in the trophy road, but I'm putting gems because if I put credits or chromatics then it would be kind of strange since this is in the brawlers' pov, not the player's. There aren't any irl players mentioned here. Once Y/N gets credits, what will they do? Unlock themselves?)

"I understand.. Kind of." "Oh, you'll get the hang of it soon, come. We're here." She chuckled, grabbing their hand, leading them to the entrance of the battle grounds and all that.

"And here are the battles! Let's see what mode it is..." She looked up, where there was a square hologram, showing the type of battle and who were playing it.

---

[Gem grab]

Teams:

Mortis , Bibi, Carl

V.S

Surge, Piper, Penny

---

"Hm.. Why is Mortis here? Wasn't he sick?" Shelly asked.

"Oh, he told me that vampires recover easily from fevers earlier." "That explains a- LOT!" Shelly ducked down, as Y/N just dodged in a quick move, calmly. "Carl! Sweetie, please be careful with your pickaxe!" Shelly said.

"Sorry, Shelly!" The robot said, turning his head to Shelly, but not for so long since he got eliminated by Surge, and dropped all of his gems, Surge took them all and his away while a countdown of fifteen seconds started.

"You stupid robot! Don't get distracted!"

"Mortis! Be nice to Carl!" Shelly yelled at him. "Oh, shut it, you mortal!"

"Mortis! Be nice to Shelly!" Bibi yelled at him.

"Whatever.." He muttered.

At the end, Mortis' team won.

Y/N just followed Shelly everywhere like a lost puppy, Shelly didn't mind, since she was showing them places.

Both brawlers finished and both went their own paths, Y/N put their red hoodie up, their hands making their way to the hoodie's pocket as they looked up. It was already night, and just at that moment, the street lights turned on, illuminating the way.

They heard something behind them, and the grip on the knife handle that was on their hoodie pocket tightened, they quickly turned around, scanning the place, not seeing anything or anyone.

They turned around, about to continue walking, until they heard something a again. They turned around again, their eyes landing on an alleyway.

'Shit.. Don't go there, Y/N, a creep might be there..' Y/N thought, but since they were curious, they decided to check, of course, ready to pull out their knife if something happens.

They got closer, and closer...

Until..

Meow!

Huh?

Y/N sighed in relief, staring at a open box that had animal paws drawn on it. They walked closer, this time more relaxed, and when they did, they looked down, seeing two kittens and one cat, more bigger and fluffier than the other two.

'It must be their parent..' Y/N crouched, reaching out for the mother, who sniffed their hand, and let them touch her. They smiled, petting the cat.

"Who left you guys here?.." Y/N asked for themselves. "That's it, I'm taking you guys home.." They muttered, grabbing the box, getting up, and finally, walking home, glancing at the cats every now and then.

They were all female..

What are you going to do with them now..?