Chapter 3

Y/N coughed a little, looking around, seeing nothing but mostly green fog in that darkened place. "Is the green fog necessary, or..?"

"Well, Mortis wanted this to be as 'scary' as possible, so we just went with it. But now all it does is annoy most of people because they keep tripping, since there's so much fog.. Not that Mortis is complaining, one of his hobbies is watching people trip and fall down from his window." Shelly explained. "...Interesting. Also, Primo, you can uh... Put me down now."

El Primo was carrying Y/N bridal style when they were half-way to the graveyard, and here they are. Also, since El Primo started carrying them, he wouldn't stop looking at them for a good 10 or 14 seconds every now and then, and then look away.

The group arrived and Colt pressed the doorbell, seconds later, it opened, revealing Emz. She looked unamused at everyone until her eyes caught Y/N, she gasped, smiling. "Y/N! Hiii!~ How are you?" She greeted, and Y/N just waved in response, they all entered.

"Hey, Emz, where's that Mortis guy?" They asked, and Emz thought for a bit. "I think he was.. Oh, he's in his room, it's the second floor, where there's a nametag with his name on it.. Also, Colt, Shelly, Frank called you guys, he's in the living room." She pointed at the living room, where Frank groaned in response. Colt and Shelly went in the living room, followed by Emz, who was going to translate if needed to and use her phone, and Brock and El Primo too, who just entered because there were cookies on the table.

So.. It was just Y/N. They climbed up the stairs without anyone noticing, and looked around to find Mortis' bedroom, they found it and stood still there for a few seconds, basically zoning out.

They snapped out of it and walked closer until they were infront of his door, and doubted if they should knock or not.. I mean, how bad can it possibly be? They gulped, taking a deep breath and knocking on the door. After a few seconds, someone answered.

"What." Was heard from the other side of the door. "Uh.. I'm Y/N, the new brawler.. Can I come in?"

"No."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"...Oka-" Before they could leave, they were pulled in the room, letting out a 'yuOuy!-', and the door closed.

"Yes. You can come in.." Mortis chuckled, but.. Weirdly. Like he was drunk or something. "whO are yoU?" Mortis pointed at Y/N.

"..Uhh... I'm-", "Wait, wait, no, let me guess... UhhhHHuuH..

Dinner." Mortis said the last part still sounding 'drunk', but more serious this time, and now his smile dissapeared, looking at Y/N intensely.

"...That's a weird nam- WOAH-" Y/N moved away when Mortis jumped at them, Y/N looked around and spotted a jar of flowers, they grabbed it upside down for protection if Mortis tried something else. The vampire man jumped again at them, this time not giving Y/N time to react as he almost bit their arm, if it wasn't for them pulling their arm away before he could bite it.

After some struggling because Mortis was stronger than them, they finally pushed him off, they got up quickly and opened the door, running to the stairs until again, Mortis jumped again at them, making them both roll down the stairs, hitting their head, arms, legs, etc.

Y/N pushed him off again, getting up and running to Colt, hiding behind him. "Help me- He's trying to bite me like a dog's toy! HE WANTS TO BITE ME LIKE HE DIDN'T EAT IN 1 MONTH-"

"Mortis! You can't bite other brawlers!", "And people?-", "And for the last time, that includes people.."

"And out of all people, why did you decide to bite Y/N?" Shelly asked, trying to make an excuse. "Uhh.. They taste horrible!"

"We don't know that yet~" Mortis looked at Y/N in the eyes, so did Y/N with him. Until they broke the eye contact and looked away, nervous. "No, no, no, you're not biting Y/N."

"I am."

"You're not."

"I am."

"You're not!" Shelly yelled. Mortis groaned and got closer to Y/N, who was already sitting at the sofa. He sat beside them and got clingy with them, smelling their.. Neck. "See? I'm not biting." Mortis glared slightly at Colt and Shelly.

"...Actually, I don't mind this, it's alright, Shelly." Y/N spoke calmly. "If you say so.. But, what a shame, Y/N still has to meet other brawlers and know how to play type of battles and all that. Plus we need to do this quick because I have to do some paperwork about the new brawlers that are going to come here soon-"

"You can go, I uh.. I can deal with that myself. You do your paperwork, I can deal with Mortis here.. Plus, I have Emz and Frank here, so.." Y/N said, Shelly looked at them for a few seconds, but then glaring at Mortis slightly, then she nodded. "Sure, I guess.. Colt, Brock, Primito, let's go." Colt, Brock and El Primo obeyed the woman, following her..

But El Primo kept looking at Y/N even when he was about to leave, waving while some of his fingers went up, and two of them down, then again but reversed, he had a goofy smile on his face, blushing slightly when he saw Y/N waving, and then he finally left.

"YippEeeEe!~" Mortis 'cheered', pulling Y/N closer, getting even more clingy.

"Can you even handle him?" Emz asked, glancing at her phone every now and then. "Huh? Oh, yeah."

"Nice.. Then you'll have no problem with him in battles."

"...Wait, you meant like in a fight?"

Mortis blushed even more.

I'm sorry for the short chapter, I was in a hurry, real sorry, but I warned you, sometimes I'll do short chapters, some long, and some medium. This chapter was a short one, sorry!