Chapter 2

If I use another pronouns that aren't "they/them" for Y/N, please correct me and I'll edit it to they/them because I'm used to write with male and female readers :]

.
.
.

Y/N woke up, yawning quietly and stretching, they looked at their left, and there was Edgar sleeping on his own bed. They decided to not interrupt his sleep and got up quietly, not making any sound to not wake up Edgar.

They rubbed their eyes when leaving the room (Of course, not before taking their things that were in their bag), yawning again and standing there for some seconds.

"...Where do I go now..?" Just when Y/N finished, someone knocked on the epic room's door. Y/N looked around, seeing noone. 'Guess I'll open it.' They thought while walking to the door and opening it, revealing Shelly and Colt.

"Hey, Y/N! How are you doing today?" Colt asked with a smile that Shelly also had, "How's the new place, hm?" She asked.

"Oh, uhm, It's real nice, thanks again for this.." They thanked with a smile. "Don't mention it!"

"Why did you guys come here that early?" Y/N asked. "Well, we came here because we were going to give you a quick tour, battling places like gem grab, showdown, and some shops, like the gift shop! Where you will find Griff, Colette and Edgar. We'll tell you more in the tour, want to come or do you want to leave it for another time?" Shelly explained.

"Oh, uh, s-sure! Can I get ready real quick?" They both nodded and Y/N closed the door, going to their shared room, taking their bag while saving things they needed and then going back to the entrance of the epic room, opening it, where Shelly and Colt were waiting for them.

"Okay, we can go now!" Y/N smiled widely, puting their hood up, walking between Colt and Shelly, which, somehow, they were both taller than them.. "So, where are we going first?"

"Oh, we're going to the arcades first, sounds good?" Shelly asked.

"Yep."

"Okay then.. There, you'll meet 8-bit, and if some other brawlers are there too, then you can meet them." Colt explained, putting a hand behind Y/N's back. Y/N nodded. "Nice, the more the better."

Y/N felt chills run down their back when feeling Colt's hand on their back, but didn't mind it.

You know when in school (if it happened to you), you're walking with a teacher or an adult in general and they put a hand on your shoulder or back while walking and talking? Yeah, that was what Y/N was reminded of.

"What does 8-bit look like? Are they a boy or a girl? Or are they just-" Y/N asked, but was interrupted by Colt, "Woah there, not that fast, love, uh, he's a boy, uhm.. And..", "He looks like.." Shelly tried to help Colt out.

"He's basically a walking arcade machine. Literally." Someone walked in the conversation, a guy the same height as Y/N, with sunglasses, a white shirt with short sleeves and with a blue jacket on.. Who the hell was this? "Hey, Brock! Where were you? You missed training today." Shelly greeted with a fake cheery voice at the beginning, and then crossing her arms with the rest of the sentence. "Why do I have to train if I already know my own abilities? Plus, I couldn't miss the opportunity of meeting the new brawler~" Brock glanced at Y/N with a smile on his face, taking their right hand and kissing it.

"Pleasure to meet you! I'm Brock, as you already heard, babe. What's your name?" Woah, he went too fast.. Y/N took a few seconds to process what he just asked, and brought a hand behind their neck nervously while answering, "My name's Y/N.." "Well I'll just call you babe anyways, why am I asking?" He chuckled, and put his arm around Y/N's shoulder.