Chapter 24: Beginning

Rain pattered against the windows of the café, each droplet weaving a story of its own. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee wafted in the air, mixing with the distant hum of conversations. Amidst it all, I sat in a corner booth, a steaming mug before me, my thoughts miles away.

The adventures at Scaranton mansion seemed like a dream now. But certain words, certain revelations clung to me, refusing to fade away. The dark man's parting words echoed in my mind, "*Trapped in the Celestial circle.*" Could it be? Could my parents be trapped within the same confines as he had been?

I recalled the fateful day when they vanished without a trace. Everyone said they were gone. But 'gone' was such a final word, and now, it felt more like they were 'lost'. There was a crucial difference between the two. If they were lost, then maybe, just maybe, they could be found.

The rain intensified outside, as if resonating with the storm of emotions inside me. I took out my journal, the pages filled with runes, spells, and memories of past adventures. I knew what I had to do next. The mysteries of the Celestial circle awaited me.

The Winstons had gifted me with bonds that would last a lifetime. Now, it was time to find the two people who had given me life. It was a daunting task, a path fraught with uncertainty and danger. But I had hope, and sometimes, hope was all you needed.

I paid for my coffee, leaving a generous tip. As I stepped out into the rain, my cloak shielding me from the downpour, I felt a newfound determination. The next chapter of my journey was about to begin. And this time, it was personal.