Chapter 8: Ash-Blond

I retreated from the dimly lit library, the sense of urgency driving my steps. My mind was consumed with thoughts of Nemona, but I was slightly reassured knowing that Lionel, with his mix of skepticism and open-mindedness, might just be the ally I needed.

As I delved deeper into the mansion's heart, I caught a glimpse of my reflection in a grand ornate mirror. My ash-blond hair cascaded like a waterfall, framing my face. The unique shade was a legacy, passed down through generations of powerful witches in my family. While it added to my striking appearance, it was more than just a feature; it was a symbol of potent magic coursing through my veins. There's an old myth that the ash-blond witches were the most powerful, chosen by the moon herself.

My appearance has always been a double-edged sword. The cool blue of my eyes, the sharp contours of my face, and my statuesque frame made heads turn wherever I went. But it was the birthmark, just below my collarbone, shaped like an arcane rune, that truly set me apart. This mark was said to be the Moon Goddess's gift, signifying unparalleled prowess in magic. Growing up, it served as a reminder of my lineage, my responsibilities, and the immense power I wielded.

Suddenly, a whisper of a memory nudged me—the tales of ancient witches using mirrors as portals, gateways to realms unknown

Suddenly, a whisper of a memory nudged me—the tales of ancient witches using mirrors as portals, gateways to realms unknown. Could this mirror offer insights? Focusing my energy, I whispered an ancient spell, tracing the rune on my collarbone. The glass rippled, and images began to flash—a dark shadowy figure, an open grimoire, and a locket, its significance unknown.

The vision was fleeting, but the locket seemed crucial, familiar in a distant sort of way. Had I seen it in one of my family's ancient texts? Or was it someone else's memory? The lines between past and present were often blurred for witches of my caliber.

With newfound determination, I decided to scour the mansion for this locket. If my hunch was right, it might just hold the key to Nemona's defeat.