chapter six.

"SO THAT'S WHAT happened," Mizuki said as she held her daughter in her arms.

"Yes, Ryuko was understandably upset over the matter," Fuegoleon said.

"Naturally," sighed the dragon, "Ryu loves kids,"

Fuegoleon remembered when he and Ryuko used to visit orphanages and churches in the Noble and Commoner Realm. He remembered how happy the dragon was.

"Yes, we decided that you and I would report it to teacher while Ryuko and Nozel speak to Sam and learn of the auctioneer that was present," Fuegoleon told her.

"How come I have to go?" Mizuki asked confused. "I didn't go to the auction,"

"You don't have to go if you don't want to," Fuegoleon reassured.

"What do you say, darling, want mommy to go?" Mizuki asked her daughter.

Minvera blabbed out some nonsense which Mizuki listened to intently, as if she was listening to the words of a great sage.

"Alright, if that's what you want, darling," Mizuki said, kissing her daughter's forehead.

Minerva let out another series of blabbers to which made Mizuki squeal with delight.

"Aw, darling! Mommy loves you too!"

Fuegoleon could only watch the two with a smile on his face.

"Mommy will be back shortly with daddy, okay? Just stay adorable and happy for the time being,"

Fuegoleon hugs Mizuki from behind and plants a kiss on her head.

"Does that mean you'll be coming with me?" He asks.

"Of course I'm coming with you, love," Mizuki says.

In truth, she was actually going to go regardless. But the dragon just wanted to tease her husband a little which worked in a sense.

"Come on, your uncle is waiting for a report,"

"Yes, I know,"

-&-

At the Shadow Wizard King's office, Fuegoleon explained everything that had happened the previous night. Hiruko listened carefully while making small, mental notes on the entire thing.

"Did you get any information on the people there?" Asked Hiruko.

"No, however, we were able to make not on their appearances," Fuegoleon said.

"Just their appearances?"

"Yes,"

"Come closer here for a sec, kid," Hiruko said, waving his hand.

Fuegoleon stepped closer, unsure of why his teacher would tell him to get close. He didn't realize it until he felt something run down his nose. He touched the liquid. It was red. Then he felt a shot of pain in his nose. Then, he heard his wife gasp from behind him and that's when he figured out what had happened.

Hiruko had punched him.

"Only their appearances? Are fucking delusional? What good comes out of just looking at their appearances? So many people look the same. Why the fuck didn't you look into it further?"

Fuegoleon opened his mouth to reply but Hiruko cut him off.

"Shut up. I don't want to hear excuses from you. Anyone with sense would have tried to look around and find anything useful. But you three just sat their and watched like idiots. I shouldn't have vouched for you to become a Magic Knight captain,"