chapter eleven.

RYUKO AND FRAGIL got to the spot where they were supposed to meet up with Rill and Ranulf. The later group was already there and they had a folder filled with papers. Fragil had the papers in her hands and was holding onto them tightly.

"Captain... is something wrong?" Ranulf asked, seeing the disturbed look on Ryuko's face.

"Later. I just... I need a bit of time to myself," Ryuko said.

The other two men turned to Fragil who was also a little disturbed.

"We should get going then," Ranulf said after a moment of silence.

The group lets out a small nod and they go on brooms, back to their base. Throughout the way, there was utter silence. Rill wanted to say something but the mood was so terrible that he didn't try to do anything to cheer the rest up.

Once landing at the base, Ryuko took the papers from Rill.

"I'll take a look at it in a bit," Ryuko said. "The rest of you should take a break... It's been a long night,"

Fragil and Rill nodded while Ranufl continues to look at his captain with worry. Ryuko walks away and Ranulf grabs his boom.

"Where are you going, vice-captain?" Fragil asked.

"I'm going to go get someone," Ranulf said. "I'll be back shortly,"

"Okay..."

-&-

Ryuko sat on his bed, staring at the ground. His eyes were red and puffy—clearly, he had been crying.

After all this time, Ryuko finally knew where she went. Three damn years had gone by not knowing where Hana was and finally, he knew.

But he was worried and terrified. His little girl might have been hurt, drugged... killed. He didn't know what to do now.

Parts of his mind were telling him to screw all the evidence and just look for her while the other half was telling him to calm down and think rationally.

"Fucking hell...!" He said as he threw a vase to the ground near the door.

And that very door opened as the vase hit the ground, the broken pieces scattering around a pair of familiar sandals.

Ryuko blinks and his eyes widen in shock upon seeing his boyfriend. Nozel looks at the mess before his sharp eyes look at Ryuko.

"Nozel, I—" Ryuko starts by Nozel cuts him immediately.

"Explain," Nozel orders.

"I..." Ryuko starts again but Nozel cuts him off again.

"You have a daughter?" Nozel asked.

"Who... who told you that?" Ryuko asked with a small frown.

"Your spirit," Nozel said.

"Sup?" Hikaru said, appearing from behind Nozel and sitting on his shoulder.

"Hikaru..." Ryuko muttered.

"Listen. People were gonna find out eventually. Right now though, you need to talk to someone like him. I mean, if this relationship stays serious, he's gonna eventually be her dad as well,"

At this, the two men blush slightly. Hikaru lets out a lazy yawn.

"I agree," Ione said as she appeared from a golden light. "You need to let your feelings out and tell someone... it isn't healthy,"

"Yeah... you've got a point," Ryuko sighed.

"We'll be around the base if you need anything," Ione said with a small smile.