chapter one.

TODAY WAS A wonderful and lovely day. The birds were chirping, the sun radiated on the people with a nice feeling, there was a lovely breeze and the town was—

"AAAAAAHHH!!!"

Oh, and Mizuki was giving birth.

"P-Please hold out a little while longer, Lady Mizuki!" A maid of the Vermillion household told the lady.

Mizuki Yamashita, despite being a dragon, was giving birth. This was because her husband, Fuegoleon Vermillion, was a human. And through this breeding, Mizuki was forced to give birth to her child rather than laying an egg.

"GRK!!!" Groaned the lady as she clutched her husband's hand tightly.

'Wonderful way to start everything off...' thought Mizuki's cousin, Ryuko Kasuma Yamashita, while deadpanning.

Not just this book but literally for him.

He had just woken up from his sleep and took a shower when the vice-captain of his squad, Ranulf, came out of nowhere and announced to him that Mizuki was giving birth. With very little time, Ryuko had set off from the Aqua Deer base to the Crimson Lion's in order to be there for his cousin and friend.

Rill and Walter, the other captain and his personal butler, came as well. However, upon seeing Mizuki giving birth, the former of the duo fainted and so Walter had to take him away to another room.

"Why is Minerva more difficult than Homura?!" Mizuki shouted. "She must have her father's stubbornness!"

Fuegoleon, the father, remained quiet as it took every ounce of his body to not feel offended by her words. His wife was probably just ranting on things while in stress. But then again, she says things like this out of the blue so he wasn't sure if she was under stress or just saying it like usual.

"Minerva?" Asked Ryuko.

Minerva was the name the couple picked out for their daughter. When the two had their son, Homura, the two decided that if it was a boy, he would be name Homura and if it was a girl then Minerva. And since Mizuki became pregnant again, they had been calling their unborn child Minerva because she was so sure that she was giving birth to a girl.

Even though dragons can smell the gender of a person, they can't detect the gender of the baby if they are in the egg or the mother's womb. Even so, the female dragons like to address their child by a gender, claiming they know because of a 'mother's instinct'.

"A few more pushes, Lady Mizuki!" Shouted the maid. "You're almost there!"

It was chaos in the Crimson Lion's base. Maids were running around, trying to help their lady with her labour. There was no order and Fuegoleon nor Ryuko could leave in order to guide them.

In the midst of chaos, two people approached the room. Ryuko picked up on the people who were coming and he turned his head.

Entering was a man and woman with the woman leading. The woman had long pink hair tied in a braid then a bun with sharp emerald green eyes. The man had spiky blue hair with golden-coloured eyes. Both wore clothes that were traditional to the Dragon Tribe.

"Oyaji... Oba-san!" Ryuko shouted.

"Both of you...!" Fuegoleon started.

"Get me more wet cloths," the woman said, pointing at a panicking maid. "You. More hot water,"

These two were Seishiro Yamashita and Naoko Fujikawa, Mizuki parents. Naoko had a stern face that screamed that she was in control. Her aura in the room established dominance immediately.

As per her commands, the maids rushed to get the items they were ordered to get. Naoko herself approached Mizuki and took over the position of midwife. The original midwife stepped away immediately. After all, Naoko was well known for delivering children. She help deliver Ryuko all those years ago.