Found Him

{Pony's POV}

All morning I've been getting ready for a whole day with my best friend Johnny and my boyfriend Dallas. Last night at my place we planned a whole afternoon, just the old gang together. We said Johnny could bring Bryon, but he told us Bryon is in the cooler for a few days. I love Johnny, but Bryon sure gets into trouble a lot. It's usually something Mark dragged him into. Mark is a nice guy, he's just... mischievous, I guess.

Anyways, Dallas loves to be seen in public with me, he'll take any opportunity to show me off. He loves to have an arm around my waist and hold me close at school or around town. I love it, too. Nothing scares him. He always tells me they'll have to get around him if they try to hurt me. Dally doesn't play around when it comes to people talking about me. He'll even get short with Two-Bit or Steve when they tease me. It's real nice to have a bodyguard. A big, scary, beautiful, adorable bodyguard.

Right now, I'm doing the final touches on my hair. Dallas likes my natural hair a lot because he likes to run his fingers through it and pet my head. However, I have to use a little gel for my signature curl on my forehead. I curl it over the left side of my forehead to cover a pimple by my hairline. Through the open bathroom door, I hear the buzz of the doorbell from downstairs. There's only one person in the gang polite enough to not just barge into the house...

"Johnny!" I yell, running carefully down the stairs into the living room and to the front door. I fiddle with the lock, and fling open the door for my best friend.

"Heya Johnnycakes! You excited for today?" I yell as I run and give him a big hug.

"You bet." He says happily, muffled slightly by my shirt.

"Oh- sorry for huggin ya so tight," I give him some space, "It's just I haven't gotten to see ya in... like a month, it feels like."

"I guess it would be around that long... Sorry, it's just Bryon keeps me busy. you know.." He gives me a smirk.

"Oh, I know. Dallas has an appetite. I'm real sorry about Bryon being in the cooler." I usher him into the living room, leaving the door open for Dal.

"It's not your fault, Pone. It's just- I wish he would think about what that does to me. I wish he could see past himself for a second and see how much I need him around." His mood turns somber as we sit lazily on the couch together.

"You gotta tell him, Johnny. It don't have to be some big confrontation, just tell him exactly how it makes you feel. I know Bryon's a good guy, he'll understand." I put a hand on his knee on the couch and give him a hopeful grin. He gives a slight grin back, and we enjoy a nice, silent moment with each other.

That is, until we hear the screen door slam back against the doorframe, making us look up at the tall, handsome figure.

"Miss me?" Dal says to me.

"Dally!" I run over to him with open arms. As we meet, he hugs me around the chest, spinning me with my feet over the floor. When we return to our original position, he sets me back down. We're both grinning messes at the end. He looks at me with admiring eyes.

"Long time no see, Johnnycakes!" He says, still holding onto my arm.

"Hey, Dal. Y'all ready for some lunch?" He holds up his billfold, smiling at the two of us widely.

"You know it, Johnny! Let's go."

•••

The three of us try to down the last of our milkshakes, Chocolate for me and Johnny, and Strawberry for Dally. The food that was once in front of us is gone, the only remaining evidence is the pickles Johnny took off of his burger.