Warm Morning

{Dally's POV}

My eyelids open slowly, taking time to take in the orange light streaming through the curtain-less window. I feel a stirring in my arms. I look from the sun-coated wall to the boy in my firm embrace.

I watch silently as he snuggles his nose between my pecs, sighs gently, and smiles. His arms tighten around my mid section. I can't help but smile wide. My little guy is so adorable. The soft grin on his face makes him look like a peaceful sleeping puppy. I decide to stay still and admire his soft features.

His hair falls in pieces onto his forehead daintily, tickling his eyebrows. I want to play with it so bad! I think if i'm gentle I can just run my fingers through it...

I lift my left arm ever so slightly, enough to lift it to the top of Pony's head. I brush the loose hairs to the side, off his face, and take in my sweet boy's peaceful expression. I brush my fingers through his hair slowly, so I don't snag a knot or anything. I caress his hair for a few minutes, my arm hurting from holding it over his face. I'll push through it, it's worth it.

Before long, he starts to stir more and more. Finally, his eyelashes bat as he adjusts to the unusually bright room. I sit up and bend my finger to brush his cheek lightly.

"good morning, sleepyhead." I coo in a singsong voice. The peaceful grin turns to a wide smile as his eyes try their best to open wider.

He uses his thumb and pointer finger to nip my nose.

"mornin' love." he says with his raspy morning voice, the one that made him sound tuff at first.

"does some breakfast in bed sound nice?" His eyes go their widest when I finish my offer.

"of course! thanks, babe. also, I don't think I should stand up for a little." I think for a second before I understand.

"Ohh- I see. Damn, really that bad."

"Yeah, my joints are real sore.." He rubs the side of his hip.

"Need a massage?" I ask, joking.

"actually, that would be kinda nice!" He grins into my eyes.

"alright, alright!" I laugh, pulling my arm out from under him. He watches me as I turn to sit on the side of the bed, pulling my boxers off the floor and pulling them on.

"aww, so soon?" he giggles from behind me.

"hush, you'd better put yours on too if you want some breakfast." I smacked his hip playfully through the comforter and got up for the kitchen.

"Dally!" I heard, already halfway down the hall. I run back to the bedroom and look at Pony, who is still buried in the thick comforter.

"can I have pancakes?"

He sounds guilty for making me run back, but I just grin and nod my head.

"o'course. anything you want." The smile returns to his face as he pulls the covers closer to his chin. He's funny.

I make my way down to the kitchen, taking out the mix and the bacon. I decide to take out some eggs, too. I start on the pancakes first because they'll probably take the longest. While the mix is combined good enough, I get two shallow skillets out, laying the bacon in strips on one side of one pan. The batter slides onto the skillet, turning brown on the flat side. I crack the eggs and scramble them around next to the bacon strips.

I flip the pancake, letting it brown fully before taking it off and starting over with the next one. Its a slow process, and coupled with the eggs and bacon, it's confusing too.