Dally's Place

{Pony's POV}

This morning has been pretty slow, thats how most Saturday mornings are nowadays. I knew that Dally's Friday shift went real late so he would be tired, so I usually didn't bother him. I was happy that he had his own place that Buck rented out to him, above the bar. I still hadn't got to go there but once, but I will when Darry lets me.

I decided today I would show Dally my journal I wrote all about us. Yeah, he would like that. I should surprise him with it!

I want to stay over really bad, but I don't know if Darry will let me? Ill ask him about it later. I focus on my cereal and watch Soda flip through his car magazine. I think cars look cool, but I don't know anything about them. I think Soda and Steve could take apart a car piece by piece and then put it back together perfectly.

I finish the bowl and go to the kitchen to wash it in the sink. I see Darry looking closely at the coffee pot, waiting for it to fill all the way. I glance at him, nervous to ask my question. I rinse the bowl and use a small drop of dish soap before putting it on the drying rack.

"So Darry..." I started, immediately regretting my decision.

"Yea bud?" He says, still watching the coffee attentively.

"um... I was just gonna ask you-" I lean my arms behind me on the edge of the sink.

"mhm. What is it, Pone?"

"I wanted to ask if I can stay at Dally's tonight. I promise Darry I'll help around the house or something its just I've never been able to spend the night with him and he really makes it easier for-"

"Fine with me. You're old enough to be trusted."

"Really, Dar?" My eyes lit up and I brought my hands together in excitement.

"Yes, but were gonna have a talk on the way there. Remember this is a privilege, I can take it away, ok?" He said in a caring but firm tone.

"Yes, Dar."

"Ok, good job on breakfast. You've been forgetting." He came over and ruffled my hair with a smirk before filling up his mug with the hot coffee and drinking it black. Yuck!

I went to my room to go get ready and freshen up for the day.

•••

I'm on the couch watching the news when I hear the door creak open.

"Dally!!" I yell and spring up to the doorway, embracing him in a warm hug and planting a kiss on his cheek.

"Hey Ponybug. What're you all jumped up about?"

"Welll..." I said trying to sound mysterious.
"Darry said that I'm allowed to stay over all night! I-if thats alright with you.."

"Of course! I cleaned the place up too, so you're in luck."

"Thank god."

"Heyy, whats that supposed to mean?" He says while furrowing his brow jokingly. I just pull him in the house by his arm and we fall on the couch together.

"Y'know what sounds good for lunch?" He asks me.

"What, Dal?"

"Lets get Steve or Two Bit to go pick up some burgers for everyone. Ill call Johnny and Bryon back at my place and get 'em to come over."

"Sounds like a plan!" And we both run to the two phones in the house.

•••

"-And then the tire blows out, and Im stuck under the car for like ten minutes!" Steve exclaims, sending the bits of his burger to fly over the dining table.