Sunsets

{Dally's POV}

Well this is it, today marks one week with my special boy. My little guy, my Ponybug. I know, crazy to hear Dallas being all sappy, but i'll never show it. Except to Pony. I decided this was as good a time as any. A week seems a little early, I know, but its felt like so much longer. I needed to ask Ponyboy to be my boyfriend.

I started going to school again just to be with him all day. I made it known that we were together. Well kinda- together but not official boyfriends I guess.

I would lock arms with him in the hallways, now he was mine, and mine only. Everyone knew, and I loved it. And they knew they couldn't say anything, because one word about my boy and I would whoop their ass before they could get another word out. I realized how protective I became when I was skipping class to go to the restroom, and I heard some voices from the other end of the long white room.

"yeah that Curtis fag. I swear to god when his fuckin boyfriend ditches to go fuck a real broad im gonna find him and fuck him up."

"like how?" another guy asks with a stupid laugh.

"I don't know, man. Just teach him to ditch that faggy shit for his own good." They start laughing together. I cant take it anymore, my face is red and Im clenching my fists as hard as they can go. I burst out of the door, walking fast to the guys who are standing against the wall of the bathroom.

"which one of you was it?" I ask with a glare and wide, angry eyes. They go silent, looking scared as I loom over them.

"answer me you fucking idiot, are you dumb or something?? Which one of you was talkin' about Ponyboy?"

The guy in the middle finally steps up when my words send spit on his face.

"It was me and it was true. You and your little fag slut boyfriend should get the hell out of here." he half stutters as he backs against the wall again.

I don't think before snapping. I use my fist to punch him square in the gut, and as he leans over to hold his gut, I knee him in the face. He fell over and his friends scurry past me.

I lower down to the floor on my knees as he holds his stomach and face.

"Keep his fucking name out of your mouth, or Ill finish the job." I snarl, before leaving the bathroom and going back to class.

This was all I needed to know how much I cared about him. I would fight whoever to keep him safe and love him forever. This was the time. I knew it.

•••

The final bell rings and I walk to Pony's last hour english class. I wished we had more classes, but we do have all of our elective classes together.

I see the kids filing out and a cute brown haired boy at the end of the line. He looks blandly around the hall before locking eyes with me. He flashes his beautiful toothy smile as he walks faster up to me.

In the middle of the hallway full of kids he runs up to me and wraps his arms around my torso and holds his head against my chest sweetly.

"Was someone excited to see me?" I look down on him.

"Of course! After Photography class with you and Johnny I don't get to see you for three hours!" He says with his head now raised but his arms still around me.

"I know babe, I miss you in class too. I forgot how long the day is at school." I smile at his wide eyes as he pays attention to every word.