˖°🦇ִ ࣪𖤐 between the leaf lines; joao felix

notes: this is part of my spooky season that i'm hosting on my tumblr. (link in bio to my blog)

˖°🦇ִ ࣪𖤐

the sound of rain pattering on the windows filled your home. your son was by your side, curled up into you while your daughter was beside him snuggled into joao. you had put on a movie for the four of you to watch, but, being honest, it wasn't that interesting.

"mummy," your daughter shifts her body towards yours, looking up at you with her big beautiful eyes. "i'm bored."

"me too," your son tells you.

"is there anything you want to do?" joao asks them, placing your daughter on his lap.

"i bought you some colouring books a few days ago, you can do that if you want," you say, standing up from where you were sitting, stretching out your aching limbs a little.

"yes!" your children shout, getting up and running into the dining room so they can sit at the table. you smile at joao, laughing a little at their pure excitement before moving to get the books.

you'd specifically bought autumnal and halloween-themed ones to fit the season. you always had one of their pictures stuck to the fridge, you thought it would be cute if it matched the decorations you had in the house.

"right, which ones do you want to do? there are some spooky ones and some autumn ones."

"i want a spooky one!" your son said, grabbing onto the colouring book with the witch on the front.

"can i colour one with leaves?" your daughter asked her father.

"of course, you can," joao said, removing a page from the book for her to colour, while you went and got the pens.

"you do one, too, papa," your daughter pointed at the next page, urging him to rip it out for himself. "and mama, too, when she comes back."

the evening ended with the four of you gathered around the table each colouring in your picture, while you all discussed random topics.

"have you coloured within the lines, meu amor," joao asked your daughter, as she had a tendency to scribble rather than carefully place the colour.

"yeah, in between the leaf lines," she smiled really big, proud of her pretty little drawing.

˖°🦇ִ ࣪𖤐