cheating rumour | phil foden

he knew you had seen it as soon as you got home. he had seen the article when one of his teammates showed it to him in the dressing room after training, and he sped home to see you, knowing that it would send you into disarray. the article was about him possibly cheating on you while he was away with man city for a champions league match. him and a couple of his teammates had been pictured out with a couple of girls, but there wasn't anything in the picture at all, at least on his behalf. he hadn't done anything that night with any of them, he didn't really want to go out in the first place, he mind only on you, patiently waiting to get back home to you, but he didn't want to disappoint his friends and not go out to dinner. he just didn't know that there would be women there that would follow them around for what felt like a lifetime.

"i swear, y/n, it's not true."

"how do i know that though, phil. this isn't the first rumour to go around about you cheating on me, and this is the most realistic one by far."

"i know what it seems like, i do. but i made a promise to you the minute we got together that i would never even look at another woman in that way, let alone touch one."

articles like this made you really stressed, as you yourself weren't in the public eye much, so you were never picture with phil that often, so when things like this happened you thought the worst, especially because the media had made you so insecure in the past. but you believed him. you had to. you knew how much he loved you, and that night that the picture was taken he had face-timed you so you knew that he was in his hotel room anyway.

"i believe you, phil, and i'll always trust you over the media any day, but you know what i've been through with them, and this is still all very new to me, and it's going to take a lot of time getting used to."

"i know, love. i know," he whispered, pulling you into his arms, so you could rest your head on his chest. "i love you so much, and i would never do anything to hurt you, ever."

"i know, and i love you too."