i complain about insensitive people who expect too much out of authors

this isn't me btw this is just some stuff I saw on Tapas

this is just me being mad lol

so I was reading this slice of life comic called The Beehive on Tapas, and there was this rando dumbass who was like yelling at the author about how "bad" her comic was.

like bro stfu no one cares. if you have such high standards then make your own funny comic, hmm?

and then on another episode about the author's legs falling asleep, bro commented "this isn't even funny."

not everything has to be funny you dumbass. it's a slice of life comic, it doesn't have to be funny, and literally nobody cares.

then on Unfamiliar there was this comment that was "this is a great comic but why can't you update more?"

authors have lives, too. they can't just crank out more episodes for people to read, because first of all, that's unhealthy, both physically and mentally, and second of all, who has the time or motivation for that??

and then I was reading the concluding episode of Doodle Love Story, and this one person (top comment) wrote like a whole paragraph about how ending stories and starting new ones was "bullshit" and that authors should just update their comics sometimes instead of ending it.

like sometimes it makes me sad too, when a comic I really love is discontinued, but it's the author's choice, and I'm not going to write a whole paragraph about how horrible authors are for doing this.

like come on, lack of motivation exists! the author doesn't owe anything to their audience, the story was a free-to-read that she made in her free time, and sometimes you just lose your passion for something (something that's happened to me many, many, many times.)

and they said that they'd rather "have once-a-month updates" but maybe the author doesn't WANT to make more! leave them alone, I understand you're angry and frustrated but that doesn't mean you can yell at the author for ending a story that they simply no longer want to continue. 

UGH, have a basic sense of human decency! the person literally told some people to "execute themselves" for replying that they should be nicer to the author. CHILL. people have feelings too, okay?? it's like it's so hard to understand that the people you're interacting with are REAL PEOPLE and this is not a simulation and everyone else is not an NPC.

IS IT SO HARD??

i wasted like an hour of my life reading the entire comment thread though lmao