Chapter 7

Siobhan awoke the next morning feeling excited and anxious at the same time. She was dreading the letter she knew she would have to write to her aunt and uncle after her classes were through. She got up got dressed into her school robes and for now pushed the letter into the back into her mind.
All the students heading down to the great hall for breakfast and to get their class schedules. Fred and George were already sitting down at the Gryffindor table and waved for her to join them. As soon as all the students were through eating, all head of houses came and stopped in front of the corresponding tables.
Professor Mcgonagall started to pass out class schedules and instructed students to head to their first class.
Siobahn looked down at her schedule when Fred asked "What's your first class?, Ours is History of Magic with Professor Binns."
"Same." Said Siobahn.
Fred, George and Siobahn followed a group of first years to the first floor where the classroom is located.
Once inside the classroom Siobahn sat in the front of the class. Fred and George hesitated because they wanted to sit in the back of the class so they settle with behind Siobahn.
A few minutes later class started; students became quit as soon as a ghost floated into the room.
"Hello, I am Professor Binns. Welcome to the start of a new school year."
Siobahn took notes as best she could, Professor Binns was a bit boring and her eyes would start to shut. Professor Binns didn't notice that half the class had fallen asleep.
The rest of the day went smoothly and Siobahn had 1 hour before dinner so she sat down in the Gryffindor common room with a quill and paper. She stalled a little bit and thought back at her classes. After History of Magic she had Transfiguration with Professor Mcgonagall, Herbology with Professor Sprout, Flying lessons with Madame Hooch, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Charms with Professor Flitwick, Potions with Professor Snape which was a little uncomfortable because she would catch Professor Snape staring at her. She knew he knew who her mother was she could tell but other than that she loved her classes. She had one more class to go to. She had Astronomy but had to wait till the sun goes down.
She stared down at her blank paper and knew she couldn't hold off much longer.
"Dear Auntie,
I just got out of my last class for now because I have Astronomy later. I love my classes and the Professors are nice. I met a few friends already. I have a ton of homework but I will do it after dinner before my Astronomy class. Hogwarts is amazing! Hope you, uncle Lucius and Draco are doing well. Even though it's been two days, I miss you all. What I'm about to tell you next, I don't know what the outcome will be so I'm just going to say it...Auntie, I was placed in Gryffindor house. I can only guess what comes next. You will probably take me off the family tree and kick me out of the house now. I won't go on, I'll just say goodbye? Love, Siobahn"
Siobahn had 15 minutes till dinner so she quickly walked to the owlery to choose an owl to deliver her letter. She tied the letter to the leg of a brown barn owl, took the owl to the window and as she watched the owl disappear into the night Siobhan wondered what she would she do if her aunt and uncle really kicked her out of the house. She knew she could stay for the Christmas holiday and wouldn't have to worry now. But how about after, when schools over. Where would she stay?, Surely she would still have access to her bank account that her parents left for her, what if her aunt and uncle froze her account?! Siobahn became so overwhelmed with all these questions running through her head she began to cry. The owl was no longer in view and Siobahn felt so alone, she now had no one.