Chapter 5

Finally the train was slowing down, and all the students were dressed in their school robes. When they got off the train Tonks said "Goodbye for now!" The first year students had to take the boats to the castle while the others took these carriages to the castle.
Fred and George found Siobahn and joined her boat. They asked her where did she go and what happened. Siobahn told them everything. Well, almost everything.
They made their way to Hogwarts castle and the atmosphere was, well, magical, Siobahn thought to herself. Their guide to the castle was a huge man, almost giant like man, by the name of Hagrid was telling the that they are going to love it here.
Finally they got to land and made their way to the castle. When they got inside the castle Siobahns breathe caught inside her and she was breathless. The sight just took her breathe away.
A woman's voice said, "Welcome to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, my name is Professor Mcgonagall." She looked really strict but Siobahn saw past that and knew this teacher really cared about her students. She gave them a few rules to follow before the went into the great hall.
"Follow me." Said Professor Mcgonagall. All the first years followed her through these heavy wooden doors and into the great hall. It was wonderful! The ceiling looked like the night sky and hundreds of candles were floating in the air. The stopped at the very front of the hall where the teachers table was and in front of the teachers was a stool and a very old looking hat.
The hat began to sing the school song and the sorting was to begin. Siobahn was nervous like she had never been before. She didn't want to look at the older students so she kept her eyes on the sorting hat. It was a long while before Professor Mcgonagall got to the L's. Siobahn noticed a man staring at her. He had hooked nose and his hair was black and looked really greasy. She quickly looked away and hopes he didn't know who her mother is. "Lestrange, Siobahn." Siobahn walked up the steps and sat on the stool. Mcgonagall placed the sorting hat on Siobahns head. At once, the sorting hat knew her every thought and how she felt. The sorting hat ruled out Hufflepuff house, the sorting hat was now torn between three houses, Ravenclaw, Gryffindor and Slytherin. Siobahn wanted to be in Slytherin but only because of "family tradition" but then she didn't want to be in Slytherin.
It felt like forever before the sorting hat finally spoke, "The house you shall be in is....."