Chapter 6

"GRYFFINDOR!!!!" Siobahn felt a huge weight left from her shoulders. Although she was worried about telling the Malfoys, at that moment nothing mattered. Professor Mcgonagall lifted the sorting off of her head and she went to sit down at the Gryffindor table. The line of first years quickly went down and the twins Fred and George got placed into Gryffindor too.
Finally the sorting was over and at the teachers table a wizard with a long white beard and glasses stood up and the great hall became quiet. "To are the first years welcome to Hogwarts, my name is Albus Dumbledore. I am your headmaster and to those returning to Hogwarts, welcome back." Professor Dumbledore went through the rules for the first years and a few announcements. Finally he said "Dig in" and as he finished all the tables began to fill with food. Siobahn was in awe. All the students ate and as dessert came they began to socialize with each other. Then when dinner was finished Professor Dumbledore said, "first years please follow your house prefects to your house common room, and have a good night." All first years looked for a student with a golden badge that had a letter P on it. Siobahn didn't have to look to long, quickly found a boy with a golden badge on his chest. "Hello my name is Eldin, follow me."
Eldin took them on a quick tour as they made their way to the seventh floor where Gryffindor tower is located. Siobhan found out that the stair cases change. She stared in amazement. Finally they came to a stop in front of a portrait that Eldin mentioned before getting to the seventh floor that they just call her the Fat Lady. Also he told the students the password for the first school term.
"Wattlebird" said Eldin to the portrait.
"Welcome" said the Fat Lady, and the portrait swung open.
They walked into a huge circular room that had sofas and tables and chairs and a huge fire place. Then they stopped in front of two stair cases.
"The boys dormitories are on the left and the girls dormitories are to the right. All your things have already been brought up." Said Eldin. Siobhan said goodnight to Fred and George and made her way to the girls dormitories. She opened the door and found her luggage at the foot of a bed next to a window.
She took out her pajamas and changed into them. They were three other girls who shared the room, she introduced herself and got into bed. All the excitement was draining from her and she felt exhausted, but in a good way. She decided to write to her aunt as soon as her last class was done. She was nervous that the Malfoys will disown her but she knew she couldn't lie because her uncle knew way too many former Slytherins who now have children who are in Slytherin and she knew they wouldn't keep this secret from them.
Siobhan slowly drifted to sleep thinking about her mother and what would her mother do if she were to ever find out that her daughter is a Gryffindor.