Just Mallory

»»-----¤-----««Mallory's Pov»»-----¤-----««

I watch Sparky walk away, confusion clouding my mind. I can't comprehend why she would be so willing to help me after all the things I've done. Why does she care for me so? I know this has something to do with the money I gave her with our deal, yet I feel.. different about it now. I shake my head. I can't let myself think like that, it's not something I can afford right now. Instead, I follow her into the kitchen and gently touch her shoulder.

"Sparky." I say softly. She doesn't turn around to face me and in that moment there is silence washing over us once more.

"I said I had things to do." she murmurs softly. Despite my injuries, I'm able to move pretty well. I lean over her shoulder slightly to see what she's doing. The scent of her perfume and the feel of her incredibly soft hair nearly makes me melt into her.

"What are you doing?" I ask, my voice barely above a whisper. Sparky turns to face me and our eyes connect for the first time in what feels like an eternity. She takes a deep breath before slowly exhaling and finally answering my question.

"I'm trying to figure out what to make for dinner today, since with everything that's going on I forgot to do groceries." She sighs. I hesitate for a moment, my heart racing and my tongue tied. I feel like I should apologize but instead I offer her my usual silence.

"So, you actually have black hair huh?" I say confusing her.

"Huh?" She tilts her head slightly in a way that makes my stomach flip. I can feel my heart racing as our eyes meet, and the urge to take her in my arms is nearly overwhelming. The innocent look on her face fuels me with insanity and it drives me fucking mad.

"Your sister has black hair." I clarify.

She turns to me with a smile. "Oh! Right, yes but I decided to dye it. I like it this way," she says as she turns back around and continues to clean the counter, her mind clearly wandering off thinking of what to make for dinner. I decide not to press further and turn back towards the livingroom. As I take my seat, I glance at my phone and see that Bethany had tried calling me multiple times without me noticing.

Shit.

I grab my phone and hit the call button immediately. It takes a few rings before she finally answers and I can hear her voice.

"Finally boss!"

"Tell me." I reply.

"I just heard from one of our contacts. someone is planning to raid the warehouse in Five days. We need to get over there as soon as possible."

"Are you fucking serious?" I reply sharply, annoyance lacing my words. "Have you managed to find those imbeciles who jumped us?" I ask her, My eyes glancing up to Sparky in the kitchen. She was still too occupied with dinner to notice the conversation I was having.

"I can't risk getting out of here."

"Why not boss?" Bethany asks and I can hear the confusion in her voice.

"Because it would drag 'you know who' into this all." I add, my eyes still glued to her in the kitchen. Silence fills the room for a moment until Bethany speaks up again.

"Boss.. please don't tell me you're at her place right now."

"I am," I confess, "for some reason this was the first place I thought of when everything went down." I mumble, frustration evident in my voice.

"Boss, listen to me.. you need to get out of there now." Bethany pleads and I can hear the urgency in her voice. "These guys don't mess around and if they find out where you are and she's involved.."