Denial and Acceptance 🔞

Songs fitting for this chapter:

Doja cat - Streets

Cloudy June - Kill Your Darling

Ofenbach - Be Mine

__________________

»»-------¤-------«« Estelle's Pov »»-------¤-------««

I felt an icy chill course through my veins. Taking a deep breath and I slowly spun around to face the person behind me.

Please not now..

"I'm just waiting for my pick up. Don't bother."

I was abruptly stopped in my tracks when my wrist got grabbed and tugged towards the person in front of me, our lips meeting as a result. I felt myself being pinned to the wall while I frantically matched their fervor. Tears trailed down my cheeks, both from the intensity of desire and sorrow of betrayal. I wanted to enjoy in what we were sharing, but instead images of the woman that was sitting on her lap earlier clouded my vision and made me jerk away harshly, pushing them off with force.

"Get off me!" I reclaimed my space and avert my gaze from her.

"Sparky what are-"

"You had the audacity to vanish for two fucking months, then come back expecting me to be one of your whores again!?" I bellowed in rage, my tears cascading down. Betrayal and fury blazed through my veins as a sudden jealousy took hold of me. That last feeling hit me with reality and made me realize why i felt like this. I took a few deep breaths, my hands covering my face in an effort to relax.

"I'm sorry, I'm just exhausted," I offered weakly, surprised that they were still standing there. As much as I wanted to scream and tell her to go back to the other women waiting inside, I resisted the urge and shook my head. It was no good overthinking and dwelling on how many of them she had slept with in those two months - it would only make me angrier and more upset.

"It's whatever, nothing really. I need to go, just take your stupid card." I muttered turning around and walked towards the street slowly. I came to a halt when she grasped my wrist and pulled me back aggressively. I felt their hand snake around my throat lifting my head up, forcing me to face her.

"Have you been crying?"

I stayed quiet and refused to meet her gaze. She didn't have to know how pathetic I felt.

"What's it to you." I snarled, struggling to free myself from her grip.

"Answer me." With a firm pressure, she pushed me up against the wall a bit more. I could feel her warm breath on my skin, and I could see the cold determination in her eyes as she looked into mine. The moment seemed to pass in slow motion as we lingered there in silence, each of us lost in our own thoughts and observations.

"Let me go." My hand reached towards hers around my neck as i tried to pry it off. No luck.

"I'm afraid that's out of the question, Sparky."

"I just came to return the card, nothing more. So, just go back inside. Pretty sure your other side pieces miss you."

My breath caught when, to my surprise, her eyes softened ever so slightly.

"Are you serious?" She closed me in releasing my neck, her arms around my waist and her legs intertwining with mine. I felt her forehead press against mine, our eyes meeting as we gazed into each other's. In that moment, all that existed was the tension between us. Her lips parted, then finally she spoke up and broke the charged stillness of the air.