Chapter 12: Cafeteria Meeting

Within the next few days, Jaune chose not to attend the Grimm study class. In his mind, it seemed futile for someone with his level of experience in fighting various types of Grimm to sit in a classroom with younger students and learn the basics. Instead, he found himself sitting alone in the cafeteria, casually browsing through the news on the Newspaper.

"Hm..." Jaune muttered, seemingly unfazed by the bustling environment around him. Without a hint of concern, he moved on to the next news article, continuing to read in solitude while others were attending their classes... first years, second years, and third years alike.

The cafeteria was filled with the sounds of humming machines in the background as the lunch ladies prepared the next meal. The pleasant chirping of birds on the windowsills added to the overall ambiance. Footsteps drew nearer to Jaune, growing louder with each step. "Tap... Tap... Tap." The approaching figure finally reached him.

"Good evening, Mr. Arc" greeted Headmaster Ozpin. Jaune remained focused on his Scroll, not bothering to glance up at the headmaster.

"You as well" Jaune replied with a disinterested tone. He finally shifted his gaze slightly towards Ozpin. "What did you wish to discuss now?" Jaune had been summoned by Ozpin at the headmaster's request, but he seemed to have little enthusiasm for the meeting.

With a smile, Ozpin nodded courteously at Jaune before addressing him, "You see, Mr. Arc, I was hoping that you would be willing to listen to a request of mine" Jaune, somewhat intrigued by this, turned his head to face Ozpin and responded, "Go on."

Ozpin continued, "If you are willing to attend at least some of your classes, I will grant you permission to participate in missions within the walls of Vale or, if the mission takes you outside the city walls, you must join forces with the second or third-year students for their missions."

Jaune's reaction was quite evident. He looked at Ozpin with an expression that seemed to say, 'You're joking, right?' Ozpin observed this reaction but didn't appear bothered by it. He seemed to be assessing Jaune's response. Jaune sighed and then put down the newspaper he had been reading, the headline reading...

(Rumors Of Robot Atlesian, Are Atlas Trying To Take Over Remnant Or Protect Us?!)

-Read More...

Jaune possessed knowledge that went beyond what any of the news outlets had reported. Yet, even if he were offered a substantial sum of Lien, he had no intention of sharing that knowledge. His motivation didn't revolve around amassing wealth; he had little interest in it.

"Very well then, Professor" Jaune responded with a disinterested tone. "However, understand that I prefer to work alone. So, do inform those groups not to expect me to heed their calls for assistance as I dont take order's. This is true even for the General." His words carried an air of nonchalance, demonstrating his lack of enthusiasm for the topic but also seriousness on those who would dare to command him around like a dog on a lease.

"Commanding me as if I were a mere hound to its master is nothing but a foolish reverie on their part" Jaune wondered. He had little regard for the lives of others unless their concerns directly affected him. However, he retained his own set of morals and principles, which he would act upon, so long as they weren't perceived as foolish.

Ozpin found Jaune's request and attitude disappointing, but he acknowledged that it would suffice. "This boy, Jaune, was the one who had James's trust, so having him around the students may prove beneficial. They might learn things that cannot be taught in classes" Ozpin thought for the benefits for the students.