Chapter 6: Hotel Freak

After his meeting with Professor/Doctor Pietro, Jaune and he went their separate ways, both satisfied with what they had gained. Jaune headed back to The Glass Unicorn, showing no interest in its people. As he opened the door, he was met with an eerie emptiness. There were no people in sight, which was unusual and unsettling. He continued down the carpeted lobby to the front desk, where he noticed slashing marks on the table. Following the markings with his gaze, he saw they led to the back room behind the receptionist's table. Suddenly, he sensed a surge of negative emotions and the scent of blood. Without hesitation, he dashed through the door and kept running straight ahead, forcefully breaking doors and windows along his path.

As Jaune approached, his narrowed eyes aided by his Observation Haki helped him discern that something had happened, leading him to Cinder's room.

Jaune: This is not good.

He spoke with a mix of annoyance and seriousness. He reached the wall beside Cinder's room and swung his blade, Yoru, down with a powerful force, carving open half of the room. The impact was so strong that parts of the hotel were equally damaged. Stepping into the room, he turned to his right and saw the two blonde girls who had tormented Cinder lying lifeless on the ground, their souls gone.

His gaze then shifted to Cinder, who was gripping the throat of the elder woman responsible for tormenting her and subjecting her to cruelty. Despite being choked, the woman desperately pressed a remote with a yellow button, releasing a high voltage electric shock on Cinder's neck. However, this did not halt Cinder's fury.

Cinder: I will not allow people like you to torment and imprison me any longer. I will use the power I possess to claim my freedom and shape my destiny!

With the woman taking her final breath, Cinder's grip tightened, and she held a blood-stained dagger in her hand... a weapon presumably used to end the lives of the two sisters that was gifted to Cinder by Jaune himself.

Jaune: Cinder.

Cinder turned to Jaune, her expression a mixture of unease and newfound liberation. Her words were tinged with an unsettling tone.

Cinder: Jaune, look... I have finally acquired the power I needed to do as I please. I am free now.

Jaune's expression remained serious and composed even in the face of Cinder's intense display

Jaune: Taking a life is a profound choice, one that cannot be taken lightly.

He maintained his stern demeanor, underscoring the weight of her actions and the irrevocable consequences they carried.

Jaune: I can comprehend the reasons behind your actions and the path you've chosen. However, it's crucial to understand that power is a double-edged sword. It has the potential to bring both freedom and devastation.

Jaune aimed to gauge whether the girl's motivations were rooted in a quest for justice, revenge, or perhaps something entirely different, He was not phased either by the bodies and continue to talking to her rather then fighting her.