It's that feeling

Start from the beginning

"I have enough information, I know how I feel about you."

"And what's that?"

"Don't make me say it. I can't stand tenderness. Just know this is it."

"So your 'no' list is growing," I laughed, "But what makes you think that's what you're feeling?" I didn't really believe what Troy was saying. He gave the impression of a man who clearly had empathy issues.

"Men easily understand this," he shrugged.

"I wonder how?"

"I'm not disgusted to be with you."

I couldn't contain my laughter.

"Are you kidding me? Is that such a compliment now? "I'm not disgusted with you," I mocked him.

"You misunderstood, I meant after sex!"

"Even better! No wonder you're rarely around women!"

"Well, you know, it used to be that after sex I wanted to get the hell out. Or kick a woman out. But with you, I want to stay."

"Yeah. You're a terrible conversationalist. Do something about it."

"Well, you'll have to get used to it, like I said - tenderness isn't my thing, darling," he emphasized the last word in a deliberately sarcastic tone. It sounded even worse than if he hadn't said it at all. I sighed. Well, I guess you have to try everything in life gentlemen and savages alike. Outside, meanwhile, it was quite light. The sun was shining through the windows. Troy suggested we move on. I agreed, because my emotions about the crazies who were looking for us had faded and were now focused on what had happened between Otto and me. We left the house and started walking through the lots again. Gradually we approached La Brea. The town seemed perfectly safe in the daytime.

"So, where do we go from here?" Troy asked once we were back at the spot where the chase had started from.

"There's a hotel nearby, and we should also check Michael's house, I think if she's not there it's pointless to look for her in town. "

"What hotel?"

"I think it's also called La Brea or something like that."

"La Bera Resort?"

"Sort of..."

"I know. Let's go. Michael's later."

We got to the hotel pretty quickly. We only ran into a couple walkers on the way, which was weird. Apparently, the people looking for us were clearing the city as much as possible. As we entered the open gate, we looked around: there were no signs of people around: there were hardly any cars, dead bodies of walkers lying around, and nothing else. We entered the building. A dead man came at us at once from somewhere. Troy took him down with a knife to the temple. We went through the first of the four floors and found no one. Same thing happened on the 2nd.  I suggested to Troy that we split up as we went up the stairs: 

"Why don't you go to 4 and I'll check 3?"

"No, dangerous."

Basically, he was right, of course. But I couldn't wait to get around. Troy, however, was unwavering in his decision.Once we got to the third floor, we went through the three rooms. No one. There were 6 more to go. As I opened the door to room 304, I heard loud voices. For a second I thought they were coming from the room, and my heart beat faster. However, it wasn't. I saw an open window, covered with tulle fluttering in the wind. Voices were coming from the street. As I ran to the window, I saw five men. Apparently, they were Chris and Andy with a group of friends. I quickly went to the room Troy's.

"They're in there, we have to hide, hurry," Troy didn't realize who I meant at first since 305 was on the other side, hence the windows too. He couldn't hear the voice. While I was explaining everything to him and leading him to the window in 304, people disappeared from the street somewhere. I tensed up. And for good reason, my fears were quickly confirmed: they had entered the building, as evidenced by their loud shouts from downstairs. Troy dragged me by the hand to the storage room that was down the hall. Quietly closing the door, we stood there listening. As they climbed the stairs between the 2nd and 3rd floors, it became possible to make out their dialog:

"We'll eat now and then we'll have another sweep of the streets."

"John, you're sick of this already, they're either out of town or they'll be gone soon. Either way, it doesn't make any difference. Why bother looking for them?"

I guess it was about us.

"Just in case, we'll take a drive."

"By the way, they're not the only ones hanging around, did you forget about that girl? She might still be here. We should have killed her, why let her go!"

"I was in a good mood! Are you afraid of the girl, Andy?"

"Fuck you! She was looking for someone. What if she found someone?"

"Who's the girl?"

"Have you forgotten, Chris? Claire or Kate?"

"Clara!"

"I don't care!"

"Well that one should definitely have left, we warned you she wouldn't run away a second time!"

It took my breath away at the mention of my sister's name. It must have been her. So she's alive and she's here in this town. Without much thought, I ran out of my hiding place, pulling out my gun. All I could hear behind me was Troy's obscene.