🌱 Undercover 🌱

[I admit that this chapter is really boring so you can skip it it you want.

I'll give a summary of what happened at the bottom.]

Once they reached the island, the girls parked in a cave behind a waterfall on the island. They were now deciding what to do next.

"I think you being a Kabuki is our best bet," Kylie told Nya, who was absorbed in watching the palace, her eyes trained to any moving person that might be one of her own. "Excited to go down?"

"And nervous," Nya agreed. "A Kabuki would be a perfect disguise. But how to look like one is the question."

"Well, how do the Kabuki here get dressed up? A gift shop?" Kylie joked. "They probably have a dressing room somewhere. You can sneak in!"

"Oh, actually, that's a good idea." Nya tilted her head in thought.

"I think you could do it. It's better than our original plan."

"Me too."

🌱🌱🌱

Nya snuck around the palace for a few hours, occasionally updating Kylie over the radio. Finally she found the Kabuki dressing rooms, snuck in, and changed into a dress. Another Kabuki (who suspected nothing) helped her put on the makeup.

"Yes, I'm in!" she whispered to her watch which was the radio. She was walking down a hall, following a few other Kabuki.

"Awesome!" Kylie replied.

Nya walked around the room with the other Kabuki, fanning herself and dancing around a little. She spotted the ninja and her heart stopped for a second.

"And I don't think it's about your food." Nya became aware of a man speaking to Chen. "I've heard word they have allied themselves. The ninja have told them about our secret ceremony."

She let out a small gasp, then slowly crept her way towards the table where the others were.

Chen began telling everyone how he was stealing all the powers for the staff, which he would give to the final standing elemental master. The remaining eight started debating on whether Chen was actually doing it for his own evil plan or not. Soon enough, most of the fighters were turned against each other, and the alliance was crumbling.

Nya was now very close to them. She began fanning Jay, who was at the end of the table, to get his attention. She stepped closer and brushed his face with the fan.

"If we're gonna convince anyone," he was saying, "we need proof. We need to find that spell. Would you cut it out!?" he finally snapped.

"Jay, it's me," Nya whispered.

"Nya?" her friends turned and looked at her.

"Lower your voices. I'm undercover. And to be completely honest, a bit out of my element." She motioned to her dress. "Wait, is Cole out?" her face paled.

They nodded sadly.

"Yeah. I feel so bad," Jay whined. "It should have been me."

"What do you mean, should have been you?"

"We had to fight each other," Jay squeaked. Nya put a hand on his shoulder, and he squeezed it.

"Like, he got out on purpose?"