Chapter Eighteen: Return and A First Date

Trigger warning: Small mention of eating disorder and small mention of a small panic attack(ish)

Bae So-young was nervous, but not just any nervousness, but the nervousness when someone goes to present in front of the class. She hasn't ever been on a date before, not even with Min Seol A. It was more like a hangout than a date. She takes a deep breath and puts on her school uniform and walks out to the living room to notice Rona and Yoonhee talking. So-young walks to the kitchen to grab a small orange for breakfast.

"Good morning, So-young. How did you sleep?" Yoonhee asked with a small smile on her face. So-young shrugged her shoulders as she peeled the orange and put it on a plate. "I slept okay. Thank you for asking."

Yoonhee nodded as she turned back to Rona, fixing her outfit. "You know, I'm glad that you didn't throw away the uniform. It looks pretty on you." Rona smiles as she grabs her bag and is about to walk out of the door. "See you later."

As So-young was about to walk out the door, she turned to Yoonhee. "Hey, is it okay if I go to your room and borrow a jacket from you, because almost all of my jackets are dirty." Yoonhee nodded as she walked to Rona's room for something. So-young walked to Yoonhee's room and went to her closet.

"Let's see here. Which jacket do I want?" So-young continues to roam through the closet to find a proper jacket for her to wear to school. Once she found a dark blue jacket, she noticed something shining red on the floor.

...Huh? What is that?

So-young goes on the floor and finds the object that is shining red. She goes under the clothes that Yoonhee wears, and notices that there is a red object. She slowly goes to it and notices that it's a necklace.

"A necklace? What does mom have with this necklace?" So-young asked to herself as she was going to reach the necklace. She carefully puts on gloves from her pockets and takes out a small ziplock bag to see what the necklace is for. She slowly picks it up and her eyes widened in shock.

Is that... Min Seol A's necklace? What's Min Seol A's necklace doing with my mom?

"So-young!"

So-young gets startled by her mother's voice as she immediately puts the necklace in the ziplock bag and puts it back where she found it and picks up the dark blue jacket that she was going to wear for school and walks out of the room.

"Sorry. I was looking for the right jacket to wear." So-young bashfully smiles. Yoonhee smiles at So-young as she explains her explanation. "No worries. I needed to go back in the room anyways."

So-young nods in understatement and walks to the door. "See you later!" She then opens the door and closes it, as her smile instantly fades into a glare that would make anyone feel intimidated by her.

"Mother, please don't tell me that you're hiding something from me and Rona. Because if you did, you're going to regret it. Why would she have Min Seol A's necklace tho? That's strange."