Chapter Thirteen: The Speech/Plan in Action

It was the competition's second and final day

It was the competition's second and final day. In the dressing room, the competitors are getting ready, but So-young is better prepared than anyone. She is wearing a dark red ball gown with frills on each side that coordinates with her red heels. So-young chose to wear her hair down since she didn't want to wear it up.

She is carefully reading the script as she settles down in front of the mirror to chew on some peppermints. Rona took a seat next to her so they could both read the script together. Two minutes later, Mr. Doo Ki entered the dressing room, drawing everyone's attention to him.

"The Cheong A Ambassador audition will begin. I'll call each of you one at a time. Read the script from the teleprompter." He stated as he looked at the clipboard to see who would be first. So-young was a little uneasy. "Yoo Jeni, to the audition room."

Jeni stared at him, stunned. "I'm the first one up?" When she asked, Mr. Doo Ki nodded. "Oh no, I'm terrified." So-young approached Jeni and placed her hand on her shoulder as she stumbled. "Hey, everything's going to be fine. You've got this." A faint smile on So-young's face as she comforted the woman. Jeni gave her a nod after turning to face her.

With a confident expression on her face, she strode toward the audition room. After about 45 seconds, Jeni walked back into the dressing room with a distressed look on her face. "Hey. How was it? Was it very difficult?" Minhyeok questioned Jeni with an encouraging smile. Jeni looked at him with tears filled in her eyes. "I ruined it. I totally ruined my chance. The script is in English!"

So-young glanced at her in bewilderment. "In English?" Seokkyung got up and turned to face Jeni. "The script was never written in English." She declared. "It doesn't make a difference. Who cares if it's in English?" Eunbyeol inquired. So-young stared suspiciously at Eunbyeol. She had to have done something to ruin the audition.

She instead shook her head and looked at the script and noticed that it wasn't in English, it was in Korean. This may be a piece of cake. So-young smiled as if she knew what she was doing. Mr. Doo Ki walked back into the dressing room. "Bae So-young, you're up next." So-young looked at him and stood up from her seat. It's ok, I got this.

She exits the dressing room and walks into the audition hall. Standing in front of the microphone, So-young bows to the table of judges. Looking at the teleprompter to begin the speech, she introduced herself. "Hello, my name is Bae So-young. 10th grade, Music Class 1."  So-young had second thoughts when she began reading the script. However while she was in the restroom, she did hear someone said the speech just as it had been prepared. Instead, she shook it aside and began her speech.

After she finished, the audience clapped while the judges began to write stuff down on their clipboards. So-young bowed and walked out of the audition hall. As she walked back into the dressing room, Minhyeok walked towards her. "Was it hard?" "Nope. It was easy as pie." So-young answered with a smile. Minhyeok smiled as well and pats her head.