Chapter Fifteen: Dropping out

Everyone had to take the exam before the year ended on the next day of school

Everyone had to take the exam before the year ended on the next day of school. So-young entered the classroom and took a seat.

When it's time to perform, Eunbyeol is called up first. The tone of her voice irritated Rona and So-young. The other kids applauded her when she was done. Eunbyeol grinned at Rona as she planned to do something to destroy Rona's singing as she turned to face her.

So-young came up to the front of the class, took a deep breath, and began to sing, but with complete confidence and emotion, which irritated and upset Eunbyeol.

The moment she completed singing, the entire class began to applaud and support her. So-young smiled softly while bowing to the class. "Bae So-young, you did a fantastic job. I assume you worked on it." Mr. Doo Ki made a grin-inducing remark.

"Yep. When I'm feeling particularly emotional, I practice a lot." So-young responded while giving Seokkyung a brief glare.

Seokkyung rolled her eyes and turned away from her. After returning to her seat, So-young lost her pretended grin and slammed her head on the desk out of frustration.

"You are up, Bae Rona." Mr. Doo Ki stated monotonously. Rona rises from her desk and approaches the front of the students in the class. She started singing as the piano started to play, much like So-young.

Rona was met with a smile from So-young. As usual, she's doing fantastic. Rona realized there was a problem just as she was about to complete her song. So Young turned to see what the issue was.

She turned to face Eunbyeol, who was holding a piece of paper in front of Rona. So-young quickly glanced at Rona while wearing an anxious expression.

At the song's conclusion, Rona makes a mistake and starts to cough. While Eunbyeol smirks, the other students in the class begin to giggle and laugh aloud. So-young scowled in Eunbyeol's direction.

Mr. Doo Ki repeatedly strikes the stick against his desk. "Did you not practice, Bae Rona?" Rona exhaled deeply while gazing at him with tear-filled eyes. "You are a disgrace to our school." He remarked.

💫💫💫💫

So-young is waiting for Rona at the entrance of the school. She appeared to be quite concerned about her sister's situation. While circling in place, So-young texted Rona to check on her preparation.

Rona collided with her as she was ready to open the door, causing her to stumble. "Rona, what took you so long? Why are you crying?" So-young questioned while brushing her attire.

Rona gave her a teary-eyed glance. "I've decided to drop out."

So-young's eyes widened in surprise. "Dropping out? Why? You wanted to be here. What caused you to change your mind?"

"I hate being there. I feel nauseous just thinking about it. Dropping out is a good idea for YOU too..." Rona replied in a monotonous tone.

"And why the hell should I do that?" So-young inquired with a small glare.