Rip Tides And Strong Currents!

Start from the beginning

"You don't need to take any food Hazza," Liam gestured to the two bulging rucksacks on the kitchen table. "Tilly and Niall have enough to feed a small country."

"TIALL!" They both chorused.

"Sorry. Tiall," he said, holding his hands up in defeat.

"Tiall?" Harry scratched his head sleepily as Mackenzie walked over and put her toned arms around him, my stomach tensed into a knot.

Tilly and Niall nodded in unison. "Yes, we've officially shipped our names and we're Tiall from now on."

Harry looked perplexed. "Um, ok."

"Cool!" Mackenzie beamed. "That means we're Mcharry!" She kissed Harry on the cheek and he glanced over at me suddenly, an uneasy look on his face.

Once everyone was showered and dressed, we set off on our little hike along the beach. Louis gave me a piggy back until his legs got tired and he had to put me down. As I walked, I watched Anna ahead of me with Mackenzie. They were deep in conversation. Anna was gesturing wildly with her hands, it looked like they were arguing.

Eventually, Anna dropped back, waiting for me to catch up to her and we both took in the beautiful spectrum of colours that the sunrise was casting over the early morning sky. I turned to her and smiled. "This is amazing isn't it?"

"It's like a dream," she replied. When I looked at her, she was smiling but she didn't seem happy, she looked nervous and pale.

"You ok?" I asked.

"I'm Fine, it's just a bit early for me, not woken up yet." She lifted a hand to wave to Louis who had turned round to check we were keeping up. "He's fab isn't he?"

"Louis?" I said looking up and waving as he pulled a funny face. "He's amazing, we've become good mates."

She looked out to sea for a while before turning back to me. "Nothing more though?"

I looked at her, surprised by the direct question and suddenly I found myself contemplating my relationship with Louis for the first time. "No, we just...click...as friends, you know?"

"Yep," she said nodding. "And you're ok about Harry and Cruella now?"

I laughed, trying to sound sufficiently unbothered. "I'm so over it, they're welcome to each other."

"That's good." She started to fiddle with her necklace. "Apparently it's getting serious."

"Really? Did Mackenzie tell you that?"

She looked down at her feet as they imprinted on the sand and shook her head. "Harry."

As she said the words, my heart sank and a wave of disappointment flooded through me. "He said he really likes her?" I couldn't hide the sadness in my voice.

She nodded solemnly then turned and looked at me with eyes that seemed full of pain. "I'm sorry Beth."

"Why?" I said, catching hold of her hand and squeezing it. "It's not your fault silly. You're a great friend Anna, I'm glad I met you."

She turned to look back out to the ocean and didn't speak for ages. "Are you sure you're ok?" It took her a while to say anything and when she did, her voice sounded shaky. "I'm ok. Um...something happened between Liam and I, yesterday, we kissed."

My eyes lit up. "Oh my goodness! That's fantastic! I was thinking in New York that you guys would be so good for each other." As I went to hug her I felt her stiffen and her whole behaviour was telling me that something was wrong but I didn't know what and I didn't want to push it. "I'm made up for you," I said squeezing her hand.