Cut-off moments

"What are you doing?" I asked. I was surprised that I actually asked.

He looked at me like he was back to the real world again.

"I... Uh.. Nothing. I'm sorry." He said as he rolled away from me as he was lying on the ground, and put his hands on his face.

I stood up and said,"it's okay. How about we finish the movie?" I asked with a happy tone.

See, I'm the kind of person who hates awkward moments and try basically everything to not be in them.

He looked at me and smirked. "Sure." He said as he stood up too, and we walked back to the couch.

We both were now watching the movie, but in a complete silence.

I don't know what happened to me. I guess I take Alex more as a brother. He's so easy to talk to and it's like we've been best friends for 50 years.

Okay exaggerate much? But you know what I mean.

I could see in the corner of my eye that Alex was in deep thoughts too.

What's on his mind?

We were still in complete silence for like 10 minuets now when all of sudden Alex decided to break it.

"Can I ask you about something?" He asked. Kind of unsure if he should ask me or not.

"Sure." I said with a smile.

He looked at me and said,"uh.. Vanessa, about what happened I-" he said before I cut him off

"It's okay Alex. I get it. It doesn't mean anything. We're just friends, right?" I asked and looked at him with a convinced look.

He looked at me and didn't say a word for a moment as he said,"right." And looked down.

What is going on?

"I mean... Does it mean anything to you?" I asked? He doesn't look pleased about my last comment.

"See Vanessa um.. I-" he said before he got cut off my the doorbell.

This guy gets cut off a lot and who the heck could this be?!

I rolled my eyes and said,"I'm just gonna go and get that. Gonna be right back." I said as I went to see who this moment breaker is.

Moment breaker? Are you kidding me Vanessa?

I'm a weirdo okay? Gosh I really have to stop thinking so much.

I opened the door and saw Shane standing there. Again.

"Ugh, what do you want?" I asked annoyed.

"Look uh.. We have to talk." He said with a little guilt.

I don't know how, but I can read people really easily. Not good sometimes.

"About what? Look Shane, you don't really have anything to tell, do you?" I asked. I can't describe how much I hate this guy right now. Even though he looks super damn hot I still hate him. How could he just make me fall for him like that? Urg.

I hate the fact that when I fall, I fall so hard.

He came a bit closer as he said,"look, I'm really sorry."

I looked at him in disbelieve and said,"really? Are you saying sorry? Wow." The 'wow' part kind of annoyed. Even though I'm a good girl I can be tough.

At this point Alex came and looked at Shane with a annoyed expression on his face.

"Oh. I forgot. HE'S still here." Shane said still looking annoyed in Alex' eyes.