The Unexpected Feelings

I've never thought a player could ever be so romantic. Shane has really surprised me. We look at each other, and just when he was about to tell me something I was dying to know, I heard a little smirk behind me. I turned around and saw some of Shane's friends. "Well, well, well. What do we have here?" He said with a big smirk on his face. Shane looked! at me with a unreadable look as he said,"nothing man. What are you doing here?" Shane asked. The guy leaned against the tree that was behind him as he said,"oh nothing. Just went out for a run. What are you doing here?" He asked. A run? With jeans and converse? I hate him already. "It doesn't look like you were running." I said as I looked at his outfit. I had no idea what I was doing it just came out. "What a girl you found, huh Shane. She's a keeper." He said as be winked at us. I rolled my eyes at him and turned back to Shane. I looked at him and he said,"she's not my girl." Okay that did hurt a bit. Wait what? Why did that hurt? No way. This can't be happening.

I looked down. I tried so hard to keep those tears in my eyes.

Awkward silence.

Okay this it. I can't do this anymore. I break down in a matter of seconds.

I didn't even look at them as I said,"I'm out of here."

I wasn't even sure of where I was heading. All I knew was that I just needed to get away. I don't even know Shane so well, and somehow that hurted me. 'She's not my girl'. 4 words I never thought would hurt me from a player. I've never really liked players, but Shane somehow twisted it. I have no idea why I was crying about this, and why I was feeling like someone just stabbed me in my heart, but I did. I could never have feelings for a player, but Shane was something else. Am I in love? No. Can't be. If I am... I'm screwed.

~.~.~.~

After a couple of hours I somehow managed to get home. Surprised tho. Luckily nobody was home yet since it was only 11 am. I went to my room and plopped myself on my bed. How could I be so stupid to think that a player could really have feelings for me? The problem with me is that when I fall for someone, I fall hard. And that's painful.

My thoughts got interrupted by my phone. Unknown was calling.

"Hello?" I said with a bit of a shaky voice from all the crying.

"Vanessa you don't understand." A male voice said. Shane.

"Shane don't even try, okay? I know exactly what you're up to, and yes I do understand." I almost shouted. I'm so angry at him. "This is what you do to those 1000 of girls you've been with, isn't it? You make them fall for you, and then you have a bit fun with them, and when you get tired of them, you just break their heart." My voice broke at the last part. I couldn't hold it in. Vanessa, why can't you just be strong for once?

"See? You don't understand." He said.

I'm going to throw a brick at this guy.

"Shut up, yes I do. I'm not a girl you can play with. I don't even know you. And I'm not even sure if I want to anymore."

And with that I hung up. I threw my phone away and sat on my bed with my hands on my face, and crying my eyes out. I hate this guy.

After a couple of minuets my phone buzzed again. I swear, if it's Shane I'm gonna burn my phone.

Okay this time it was not a unknown number.

"Hello?" I said with a shaky voice.

"Vanessa! Hey sweetie it's Alex! How's it going?" He asked. I could hear that he wasn't that happy. More like angry in a way.

"Hey Alex. I'll survive. How are you? Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yes I'm fine. I just needed to tell you that I heard what happened earlier, and I just want you to know that I'm here for you. So.. I was wondering if you wanted to watch a movie or something? To cheer you a bit up?"