A Day Out

Amalia
A few hours before Ji-hoon called Mr Jones

I woke up with a migraine that I was all too familiar with. I always got those after being on stage for a long time when I rehearsed and since I had my concert yesterday, it was even worse. I sat on my bed and stared out the window. "What time is it?" I scooched over to the nightstand to grab my phone that charged all night. I grumply unlocked the screen only to see nine missed calls from my manager. I nonchalantly closed my phone before getting out of bed.

After freshening up, I walked out of my hotel room and into the lounge area of my suite. "You overslept. Again." Mr Jones said as he stood there looking at me with his blue eyes and folded arms like a dad scolding his child. I glared at him as I walked past him to sit on the couch so that I could wear my shoes. "What's my schedule for today?"

He pushed up his spectacles and picked up his iPad "Your schedule today is to relax and go shopping."

"Seriously? Why is that a schedule? Does this even count as a day off?".

"It's my job. I should have all your schedules written down, even if it's a day off. Where do you want to go?"

I thought carefully as I already had everything a lady my age would dream of. Think of any designer brands out there and I will assure you that I had it. "Let's just go to the heart of Seoul." I said while walking out of my suite and Mr Jones followed me from behind.

"Okay. Just wish you didn't fire the driver."

I shrugged and continued walking. "Find a new one then. It shouldn't be too hard."

Those people were easily replaceable. I didn't understand why he had to care for them so much. It was either they do their jobs properly or lose it. It was as simple as that.

I pressed the button for the lift as Mr Jones stopped besides me a few seconds later.

"Amalia, you need to start considering the lives of other people. You know you're not fit to drive in another country. Couldn't you wait until we got back to Canada to fire him?"

I didn't reply to him. I didn't need to explain my actions. I heard a klink as the elevator reached my floor. The door opened and we both entered. A few seconds before the elevator closed, two people walked inside. One was a lady who was wearing a sleeveless red dress that was a little over her knees. She had a gold bracelet on her wrist. I tilted my head. It was fake. She was the gullible type.

The other one was an average height man who was wearing jeans and a white bottom up shirt with black patterns. With a not-so-expensive watch on his left wrist. To middle class people it's expensive but not to me. He was definitely the type that bragged too much. Without having to ask, I new they were a couple.

The woman stared at me with widened eyes as I stared past her. She roughly patted her boyfriends arm as she pointed at me. I smiled to myself. She was a fan. "Jagiya, isn't that Amalia Omora?!" I looked at her and smiled with the warmest smile that took years of practice. "I see you're a fan?" I asked with a smile. The lady then shrieked, startling the two men. "I was in your concert yesterday and I just want you to know that you'll forever be my role model. You're rich, beautiful and kind to everyone and I aspire to be just like you."

Jagiya - "Honey" or "Baby"

I gave her a hug before proceeding to take a selfie with her. The elevator stopped and I heard another klink as the door opened once again. I turned to my fan and waved her goodbye to which she screamed in return. We walked past the lobby and out to the terrace.

"So, who's going to drive?" Mr Jones asked as he made his way to the Mercedes benz. I threw the keys at him and he joggled it before firmly grasping it. "You have hands, feet and your spectacles." I said before walking over to the passenger side and opened the door to take my seat.