That was not an emergency

Start from the beginning

When we reach the Gardens, I plop down angrily. "What a waste of time!" I exclaim as Jason sits down next to me. "I told her not to bother you. Well, what did you wanna talk about?" He asks, and I turn to look at him, "You will never believe what Stiles said to me!" Jason raises an eyebrow, but before I can continue, I hear soft giggling from behind me before someone hushes it. I turn around to find a group of 10 to 11 year old girls staring at us, "Not a single peaceful place in this whole stupid camp!" I say, looking at the sky in annoyance, before getting up, "I don't think they know what privacy is," I say, about to walk towards the group when Jason grabs my arm and pulls me down. "There just kids. Let them have some fun. Nothing interesting happens here anyway," he says. "When I was their age, I was fighting monsters and saving lives. Not watching two praetors talking," I said. "I know. I know. But you did that, so others would be safe. Now they don't have to go through what you did. Isn't that what you told me?" He states gently. I hang my head in defeat. He was right. I had said that. "I'm just so annoyed, and I need someone to vent to, and these people are being annoying, and -" Jason puts a finger to my lips.

"How about we go somewhere ... quieter?" He says, "Somewhere you can vent freely?" He continues and stands up, holding his hand out. I get up and grab it. "So where do you wanna go?" I ask. "Anywhere," Jason replies. "Let's go to Beacon Hills," I say to him, heading towards a shadowy place when Jason stops me. "Not like that," he says. I look at him curiously, "Then how?" He smiles and wraps an arm around my waist, pulling me towards him, "We'll fly," he says softly. I laugh, "There's no way you can fly to Beacon Hills," I say. "Faith, trust, and a son of Jupiter," Jason replies with a wink. Suddenly, I feel a light wind envelope me, almost like the shadows do when I shadow travel. And then we're up.

The wind whipped through my hair as we flew through the sky. I tried my best to use the Mist to cover us up like Chiron had taught me. I'm pretty sure seeing two flying teenagers wasn't normal. Not even in demigod standards. It was exhilarating but scary at the same time. I was afraid that Jason might drop me, but he didn't even falter a little. Guess he had changed a lot. Before I knew it, my feet touched the soft ground, and I breathed a sigh of relief. We had arrived at a cliff outside Beacon Hills. You could see the whole town from here. "Well, that was fast," I exclaim and look up to find Jason's blue eyes staring into mine. I froze slightly before clearing my throat and pushing away from him. Jason quickly let go and rubbed his neck nervously, "I told you we'd reach here quickly," he says. "I guess you were right. I'm impressed. You really are Peter Pan," I say and laugh, making him laugh too. "Actually, I'm a blonde superman. So, what were you going to say," he asks. I sigh annoyedly, "Stiles was being overprotective, possessive, and annoying," I say. "Is that really a new thing?" Jason says, raising an eyebrow. "Normally, it's different. This time, it was his best friend. He asked me if I liked Scotty and was acted like we were together or something," I say angrily, and Jason nods, encouraging me to go ahead. I proceeded to tell him about everything that happened. One of the things that I love about Jason is that he is an amazing listener. I could talk for ages, and he would listen, never making me feel as if I was being heard or that I wasn't important. He never interrupted either. He just listened.

After ages of talking, I take a deep breath and pause, "So, that was my problem," I say to him. Jason hums softly, deep in thought before speaking, "You don't think that Stiles...you know...likes you, maybe?" He says. I let out a laugh. "Stiles? No. Never. He's too in love with Lydia to pay attention to any other girl," I say. "Are you sure?" Jason asks, staring intensely at me. "Positive. Why?" I ask. He looks away towards the town. "Anyone could like you, Wil," he says softly. "Well, that gives me a lot of confidence," I reply with a smile. "Why? Do you like someone?" He asks, looking at me curiously. "Yeah," I sigh, "But the problem is, one of my best friends likes him too," I say, dejectedly. Jason raises an eyebrow, "And?" He asks. I look at him incredulously, "And, I don't want to seem like a jerk when I know that she likes him," I reply annoyedly.