Chapter 5 - Soon

◌ ◌ ◌

* chapter music *— Rain Sound Effect - Royalty Free Sound Effects ( No copyright ) —Surra BudhayanaFind their work through YouTube

* chapter music *
— Rain Sound Effect - Royalty Free Sound Effects ( No copyright ) —
Surra Budhayana
Find their work through YouTube

Important: Surya Budhayana is the rightful owner of this soundtrack.
The link added in the header is simply an embedded link to their YouTube video and channel. I do not own this sound, but it is royalty-free.

_____________________________

◌ ◌ ◌

◌ ◌ ◌

Rosalie POV

The 19th of August, 1957.

It was just past five in the afternoon when I got myself in check, ready to leave. Stopping at the first gas station I could reach, I called Red to let him know I would be coming home tonight. I guess it was a bit short notice to let him know, but I hadn't known I'd been coming home before this morning—and I couldn't decide who to call. I didn't want a phone call to be the first time I talked to Elvis—after I ran out on him.

The phone cord was just about long enough to stand comfortably in the booth, but I shivered at the hand of already-flushed rain. My shoulders had been drenched from running over here from my parked piece of butter—causing the blue material to stick to my skin.

It had been darker than usual at this time of day due to the hard-hitting rain and occasional flash of lighting in the furthest away charcoal clouds. Alongside me, squeezing rainwater out of my hair with my free hand, I picked up on the scraping sound of someone moving the telephone's handset and its cord on the other side of the line.

«Red?» I questioned as the sounds suddenly stopped, leaving me with nothing.

«Hi, Sal?» Sounding like he didn't quite understand why I called him, I cleared my throat.