Chapter 12

Why he did what he did? Kook was frowning, deep in thought. He is in the office but couldn't seem to concentrate on anything. It has been more than a week, but the things he did still seems blurred.

If he could point one thing for sure, it would be that .... when he saw Tae talking to the girl, the feeling he felt, that took the whole last week to discern as, Jealousy. But why? He didn't figure it out yet.

But that didn't stop him from thinking about Tae all the time.

The sudden sound of a phone call blasted and he fumbled to take out his phone from the pocket.

Looking at the name, the frown on his face cleared up.. "Hello.... " Noah's voice was heard. But before he could talk more, Kook went ahead to ask, "Is there any match this week?"

There was a shocked silence on the other side before Noah said, "Dude, I just called to ask how you doing"

"Answer the damn question" Kook said, his tone plain.

Noah let out a sigh. If it was one thing that he knew about Jungkook.. it was that, if Kook decides something, not even a god could change his mind. And now, he wants a fight. Who's Noah to tell him otherwise? Besides, it's already been so many weeks.. so Noah thought why not.

But still he asked, "Jungkook, man, are you sure?"

"I am sure. Fix up a match with Riley if you can"

"Riley??" Noah said in utter disbelief. Riley was one of the strongest opponent. No. It's even better to say that, If Jungkook was number one in the underground world then this Riley is number two. Every small fighters are just as afraid of Riley as when they hear the name THE MONSTER. At the same time, all of them worship these two. And if they were to know that these two is going to fight in the arena... they are sure to go wild with excitement.

Jungkook had already fought Riley once. Though Kook won, it's not without much bloodshed. Riley was really an worthy opponent to compete with. But... Kook only just recovered his health. Can he beat him now? Noah couldn't say.

"Enough hesitating. Just fix a match. I will be there by 9 this Saturday"

With that Kook hung up. Yes, he knew it's a slim chance to beat Riley this time. But he wants to do it. He wants to engage himself in something that could distract him from Kim Taehyung.

Though he talked like a confident bad boy, infront of Taehyung, he couldn't bring himself to upheld that confidence when he was away from him. In the loneliness, all the questions comes hammering down on him.

What if Taehyung didn't like me stalking him like that? What if Taehyung hates me even more? What if Taehyung gets grossed out when he finds out that Kook has developed some unholy feelings towards him?

Kook couldn't bear the thought of Taehyung running away from him.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Tae, come on man! Please???" Jimin was chasing Tae who was speed walking through the hospital hallways.

"Tell me you're fighting and I'll go" Tae said placing the couple of wheelchairs in place. His shift got over just now and Jimin, unlike usual, was asking him to go to the secret place where the underground matches usually takes place. Tae would have gone if it was Jimin who was fighting, but no. Jimin was asking him to go see a match that some spoiled rich kids was having, which Tae's not even a least bit interested to see.

"Trust me. This match is THE ONE that could go down in history!!" Jimin stressed his words.. "And I see you have been a bit moody these few days. And this could cheer you up.... please please please...."