chapter 3

Jungkook woke up panting. It was the same dreams again. Ever since he came to know know the truth, he often dream the same thing.

It was a dark tunnel. He would walk and walk and walk but there'd be no end to it nor does it have any light.

No matter how hard he screams for help, how much he tried to run.. it was ever the same. No end. No light.

"Good morning" the door opened and in came Kim Taehyung.

"Don't you know how to knock?" Jungkook barked at his nurse irritatingly.

But it didn't affect Tae even a least bit as he casually walked to the corner table and placed his bag on it. Only then he turned and said, "Hobi said you were asleep. I didn't wanna disturb you. Anyways, how you feeling today?"

"Who's hobi?"

"Your manager. Don't you know your manager's name? He said he has been working here for the past 8 years?"
Tae asked walking to Kook and starts to check on the cast on his leg.
"This needs to be changed today"

"You mean Jung Hoseok?" Kook raised his eyebrows in question.

"Yeah" Tae said, "I discussed with your doctor this morning. He said you might have to go to the hospital tomorrow for an assessment. And..." Tae showed a radiant smile which lightened up his entire face and continued, "he said he may even remove your cervical collar if you have healed well"

For a moment, Jungkook was frozen looking at the guy infront of him. He watched as Tae's smile slowly faded away since he didn't get any reaction from Kook.

Such an arrogance! Tae thought and started doing the routine. He helped Kook walk to the bathroom and back. Then called downstairs for a breakfast and gave him his tablets soon after.

Tae heaved a sigh looking at Kook who was taking a nap now. He took out his phone and dialled,

"Its exhausting..." he said as soon as the call got picked up.

"Aren't you an expert in taking care of the patients? You are disturbing my nap" the sleepy voice on the other side said.

"Yeah. I am an expert in taking care of people" Tae stressed the last word.

"Ha ha. Are you saying he is inhuman?" The high-pitched voice was a little raspier from the sleep.

"Absolutely. Anyways, did Namjoon said anything about how many days I need to assist here?"

"No. I haven't seen him for two days. Even thinking about you doctors are tiring me off. Can you please let me continue my nap?"

"Jimina... I mainly called you to ask how did you do last night?"

"Do what?"

"The fight! You said you have a match last night. Didn't you go?"

"Wait!" Jimin, who was answering lazily up until now, suddenly cleared his throat. "Yeah.. Yeah, Sorry. I was sleepy and couldn't catch on. Hey.. guess who won?" Jimin was boasting now.

"You won?" Tae asked excitedly. He knows Jimin likes to brag but he loves his friend nonetheless.

When Jungkook opened his eyes.. what he saw was Tae smiling happily, facing the hills through the glass wall and holding the phone to his ear.

Kook slowly sat up straight using his arms and tried to hang his legs down from the bed. But his movements got the attention of Tae and he immediately rushed to his side.