Chapter 11

Tae was at a standstill, looking at Kook's car moving away when Jimin approached Tae.

"Hey.. isn't that Jungkook just now? Why is he here again?"

When he didn't get a response, Jimin turned around to face Tae, "What happened?"

"Where were you?" Tae's deep voice was unlike usual and Jimin could sense a mix of feelings in it.

"I was talking to the girls..." Jimin glanced back to wave at the girls standing in the busstop before continuing.. "Why? What's wrong man?"

"I don't know.. he just..." Tae was at loss for words. "Let's just go" he tried to brushed it off and started to move.

What would he say? That Jungkook came here to see him? That Jungkook will come here again to see him?

But why?

Even he doesn't know. Why would Jungkook want to see him?

The way Kook touched his hand... The way Kook looked at him then... it was different.

when Tae thought about it, something in him seems to get agitated, restless.
He shook his head, hoping to clear his mind.

---------------------------------------------------------

It was only after ten days that Tae got reminded of Jungkook again. He came out of the hospital after his shift, only to witness a very excited Hobi waiting for him outside. And Tae's boxy smile lit up immediately.

"Taehyung! I missed you man" Hobi said patting his shoulders.

"How are you Hobi? This is really a big surprise!" Tae exclaimed happily. Though they knew eachother only for a short few days, there's no denying the fact that they became a really good friends.

"I wanted to visit you sooner but never got the time. Come on, let's go for a drink?"

"Drink? I....."

"Don't worry too much Kim Taehyung. I can drop you off at your home" Hobi said, pointing at the car in the back. When Tae turned to look at the car, the driver waved at him, which made Tae smile and wave too. That guy was the one who would drop Tae at his home when he went to Jeon's house to care for Kook.

Tae shrugged, "why not? Let's go"

Tae didn't forget to took out his phone and send a voice message to Joe saying that he will come home a little late.

"How's everything going?" Hobi asked, taking a sip of his drink.

Tae also took a sip before replying, "Not bad. How's your life?"

"Its good as usual" Though Hobi said that, his smile faded slowly as he seems to get reminded of something.

Tae gave him a pat as he said, "I get it. It was hard enough for me to work there even for a few days. That Jungkook guy......"

"What? NO! Jungkook?? No. I got reminded of my mom. I already told you about her, right? She's asthmatic"

"Oh... yeah you've told me about her. It's just... you looked worried. And I thought that Jungkook might have caused you problems again"

Hobi let out a loud laugh, "Jungkook? No. He's not a trouble maker like you think he is.."

Tae's interest in conversation suddenly dropped as he turned to face the drink on the table.. "Yeah? Well.. to me, he is"

"Tae... you.. you only know him for a few days. Why do you come to this conclusion? Yeah, he may seem rude to the people who barely knew him. But to us.... well, let me tell you something you don't know.."

"I don't want to...." Tae started but Hobi either didn't pay attention or he doesn't care as he continued.

"An year ago... my mom suddenly had a severe asthma attack and I was out of the country with Mr.Jeon for a business visit. Me and my mom, we live alone. At that time, she din't have anyone to take care of her. Do you know, who did when I couldn't?"

Tae brows knitted into a knot at his question. It's not because Tae doesn't know the answer but because he knows exactly the answer.

"Jungkook" Hobi said. "One call. He went there and stayed there in the hospital, not once leaving her side. My mom was bed ridden. He fed her. He took care of her in ways I can't ever compensate" Hobi asked to Tae, who was staring at his drink. "I know what you are thinking. Jungkook doesn't even know my nickname. But you know what? I don't care whether he knows my name or not. He has a really good heart. And that is enough for me to work in that household for the rest of my life. And you... you should have seen him two years ago. I am sure you guys would have become friends. He was not this much of a pain in the ass then"

Tae didn't even try to reply. He just held his glass and took a sip. He thought he got it all figured out about Kook. But now, Hobi's words is like a virus that's corrupting the system. Tae has never made a mistake in his Judgement or that's what he thought up until now.

"I am telling you... that boy is going through a lot nowadays. Trust me when I say.. he and Mr.Jeon are the greatest people i had ever come across. Don't let the tag of 'Rich people' fool you. Not everyone is same. Definitely not Mr.Jeon or Jungkook. Mr.Jeon thought that, Jungkook needs a good friend to share his feelings and that's why he appointed you. But it only added one more person in the list of who hates Jungkook the most." Hobi finished as he let out a small knowing chuckle.. "Don't let his rude facade fool you"

Tae's mind was still processing when Hobi dropped him off infront of his apartment building.

So.. Jungkook is not heartless as Tae thought him to be?

For some reason unknown, Tae got reminded of Jungkook's round eyes that had the habit of staring into his soul.. and what felt like a heat crawled up his cheeks...

What the hell!! Tae thought shocked by his own reaction..

[Author: How do you think the story will turn out now???

Did Tae started to fall for Kook already???? Tell me in the comments..
❤️❤️👍👍]