chapter 2

Jeon Jungkook's life became a mess for the past two years ever since he accidentally found out the crushing truth that was so well hidden by his father. He was 23, when he first got drunk to the point of forgetting who he is. Ofcourse, he had drank before that. But never once he had crossed his limits up until that point.

It was now two years since he started drinking like a monster. Deep inside, even he knew that one day or another, this habit could even kill him. But he doesn't care. If it could maybe give his father a chance to live a life for himself, then he would take that chance.

A fraction of second before he missed the turn and ran his car straight into the wall, his lips curved up in a smile, thinking, his suffering is finally over. But who knows, that the building next to the one he crashed on was a hospital! He immediately got admitted.

When his father rushed to see him inside the ICU, he vaguely remember saying "Get married, dad" before dozing off.

Though his injuries are not much serious, there was still some blood loss and broken bones. So he was under heavy medications for the first three days and was unconscious most of the time. As soon as he came back to his senses, he started bugging his dad to take him back to his home.

Jungkook hates hospitals. Its closed rooms and the medicine smells always creeped him out. It was only after a week that he somehow managed to convince his father. But the acceptance came with a condition.  One of the nurse will be assigned to take care of him for the next few days.

Jeon Seokjin, his father, was one arrogant man. If he decides something, there's no other option for Jungkook but to accept it. So he did even though he doesn't know why there's a need for a nurse when they have more than 20 servants in their home. He just got a cast on one of his leg and a cervical collar around his neck to cure the whiplash he suffered and apart from the dull pain in his ribs, he feel just fine.

This morning he woke up to the murmurs of a deep voice that he had never heard before. And when he saw the man wearing scrubs, it was not difficult to know who he is. A Nurse.
An apathetic one at that.

Jungkook was unused to this attitude. The people around him was always being overly concerned. It's like, everyone was constantly trying to please Jungkook. But this new guy....

Even if he only just met him, he could tell that this guy is not here to please anyone.

When Jungkook woke up from a nap, he saw the guy dozing off in his lounge chair with his legs dangling on the arm rest! The servants who had been working here for years would still think twice before even entering Kook's room. But this one!

No. Jungkook was not angry. He is actually enjoying the view. Someone being dared enough to be this nonchalant in the presence of Jeon Jungkook, well, that's a rare sight.

Though he tried very hard not to disturb the other's sleep, he couldn't help the small cough that escaped his lips and in a fraction, the nurse was at his side, pouring water.

"Take a sip" the deep voice said.

This time, the guy didn't bring the glass to his mouth and just held it out for him to hold. And Jungkook did.

"I am Kim taehyung. Your assigned nurse" Tae said once the glass was kept down. But Jungkook just stared at him once again.

"Look, this will not go well if you are just gonna keep being silent. Atleast tell me your name?" Tae asked. It was actually a part of the healing process. Communication helps to create trust. And he can provide better care if he can communicate better with the patients.

"Jeon Jungkook" Kook said indifferently and continued to stare at the new guy who was not even a least bit intimidated by him.

"Jungkook, how do you feel?" Tae asked.